SRS Parents are now talking divorce

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Guz200sx, May 15, 2006.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Both of my parents just told me a couple of hrs ago, they want to get a divorce :wtc: First my dad told me then my mom told me with my dad their. They said basically they will sell the house and split whatever they get between each other and go their separate ways. My dad will most likely go back to New York City and live with his brothers and mother. My mom said she will get a room and live peacefully by herself and that they will give me some money to clear my debts so I can start over and do my own thing....

My mom said its just too much arguing with my dad and my dad says the same thing and they are both tired of it. my mom said it was a long time coming, and that for a long time she has been sick of the stupid stuff my dad does. and my dad said he is very close to just gettin his stuff and leaving.

They have always argued about things and sometimes they argue about the dumbest things.

My mother has helped my father out a lot (he can't really read/write so my mother handles all of the finances, etc) and my father has worked hard (vietnam veteran/retired military/retired C.O./disabled) and to just say they want to throw away all their hard work away just like that is just insane.

i never envisioned it could come to this.
    what can i do? i don't want them to get a divorce....

EDIT: I've been having problems with my parents (mother specifically) in the past weeks
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2504615

2. Guz200sx

i had a talk with both of them separately .... I think I could reason with my mother but she wants my dad to change a lot.

My dad is stubborn and its like trying to teach an old dog new tricks.

Since he is retired/disabled he doesn't do much durin the day but sit in his chair collecting scrapes and news articles. my mom hates to see that. she also hates to see the extra bedroom a mess like he has it.

my dad doesn't like the fact that she is always naggin him to do stuff and he basically hates it when she complains about everything especially his driving.

i told them both we all need to have a talk because a divorce is the easy way out and they need to hash their problems out.

3. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

may seem kind of like a random question, but could your presence in any way be effecting their relationship. Im sure you not being there would make things alot diffrent. I mean 30 years of having your child around is alot....

4. Guz200sx

Its prolly the opposite, I was talkin to my dad and tellin him I want to move out and If i could I would have already and he was like you don't need to move out. I told him yes i do because I need to be on my own. And its not because I don't want to be here anymore or because I am a burden but its just human nature to want to get out and do your own thing.

I think if I wasn't here they would have left each other a looong time ago already.

I've been telling them recently If I could I would move out. That might have actually offended my mom and my dad hasn't been helping by telling her that its her fault I want to leave.

5. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

My parents have threatened that a few times too. You know what? Nobody ever wants their parents to get divorced. But sometimes that's just the best solution when 2 people just don't get along so well anymore. You don't want your parents to be at each other's necks all the time any more then they do.

So you just have to be hands-off on this and let them arrive at their own solution to this ongoing relationship.

And you....really need to be moving out. :hs:

6. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

it might be for the best. no offfence but i can see why your mom is mad at your dad. my grandpa does nothing but collects articles and shit and it drives me mad. i think divorce is bad but it might be better for there hapiness. how old are you?

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

*hugs* :hug: that sucks man.

Its sad that they are only bringing arguments instead of love and light into eachothers lives. Personally i wish things would be different, we are made to make eachother happy not sad. No one goes into a relationship to be scolded. And your dad is probably fed up being scolded day in day out, even tho your mother has a point that he should clean up. If i where you id just clean up your dads stuff so they could be together again. Although thats a sacrifice from your side, i would gladly do it if that would mean that your mom would stop bikering and your dad from being pissed of by your mom. :hs:

8. Guz200sx

Then he would be extremely pissed at me....

9. Guz200sx

I went up to my GF's house yesterday and spent the day (birthday) with her and I guess since I was gone they talked and discussed stuff and not everything is worked out but they basically said not to worry about it and they will work it out.

10. Guz200sx

I would move if I didn't have these two damn debts to pay off. I regret it so much now.

I'm not up to gettin another job when I already have one that is semi decent.

My mom has told me I should get another job that has better pay and I've tried but so far I've been unsuccessful so I do my best where I am now.