SRS Parents are getting divorced :hs:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Grass, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Grass

Grass New Member

I'm 21, and I don't really care about myself in this situation. I know that it's best for them, they haven't gotten along in years. Now there is chance to start a new life. My dad can take care of himself, so I'm not worried about him.

I'm worried about my mom. She has problems with anxiety and worry to begin with, so I'm not sure how she'll deal with this. She keeps saying she's "scared shitless" and just can't envision being alone. I've been giving her advice, telling her that this is also a great opportunity to take advantage of newfound freedom and live her ideal life, and although she understands it, she doesn't FEEL it.

Anyway, is there anything you guys recommend I can give to my mom that will help her get over this? Articles, resources, support groups? I feel terrible for her and want to help her move on in any way I can.

2. QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts New Member

I know this likely won't help, but don't try and take her to a bar.
    That's what I did with my mother and she ended up having a mental break-down.

Best medicine... Stay with her as much as you can. Watch funny and scary movies together until odd hours at night.
    The next best thing she has is you.

3. Grass

Grass New Member

I can't, I'm going back to school in 3 days :hs: