A&P Pano's

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LowLikeWhoaF150, May 4, 2007.

1. What does everyone use?

Photoshop, Autostitch, Panorama Factory, PTGui for Panorama Tools?

2. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

I used Photomerge in photoshop and it did a good job. Especially considering the crappy job I did taking it.

3. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

ptassembler

4. yeah I just tried using it :o

had about 12 photos and the merge sucked ballz. tried to save as jpg, took forever even on this lightning fast machine, then I got a (NOT ENOUGH RAM) error which basically means you're fucked. :o I guess maybe photomerge doesn't like 12megapixel files :o

5. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

My computer had trouble with 10 megapixel ones, but it's a piece of shit. I just resized them all to about half the size and it worked well. I'll find it and post it.

6. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

[​IMG]

I like it cause it's sorta dingy/matches the dingyness of the city, haha.

7. nicklk

nicklk New Member

I use Photoshop alot and bring it into the workstation with seperate layers and do detail work to it after its been stitched....Photomerge does a pretty decent job as well

8. nicklk

nicklk New Member

Did this one all layer by layer myself

[​IMG]

9. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

lawl its like 370 degrees.

supprisingly flat for one that is hand stitched.

I like pt assembler (for pano tools), its a bit slow but gives you a lot of control. you end up having to do the seems in photoshop yourself, which i dont mind because i havent found an automatic program that doesnt cause huge flaws in skies / patterns.

10. how do you like your panosaurus? my bogen doesn't exactly do the best job for panos :hs: :o

11. Mighty_Zeus

Mighty_Zeus Guest

I use the PS Elements Photomerge, works great.

Some may know this, and others may not, but I have found that one KEY part of taking pano series pics, is to set the WB to a static varience.

I know a lot of you have way more experience in dSLR than I, but there are some who do not.

12. Airpoppoff

Airpoppoff Vodka > Racing F1

13. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

panosaurus is great, its is the best for its price are really does a good job.

if you are shooting at night make sure its not windy and use a remote + lock up because it vibrates a bit. other than that is great.

14. So it's a little wobbly?

It looks easy to construct, & I have access to a welder. :dunno:

15. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

it flexes a little, but all the sub ~500 ones do there was some review i read which had 100% crops of the panosaurus, nodal ninja, kingpano (i think) and out of them the panosaurus was the best for stiffness.

if you are doing night time shots you want to use mirror lock, and if there is any wind take your neck strap off, which shouldnt be a problem for you :wiggle:

oh, and its just two bolts :)

16. I'm actually doing an indoor pano of the shitty store I work at. The pano looks like shit. :o

I had all manual settings and different images were still different brightness! I shot during the day, morning before store opened actually. So there was alot of light coming in from the large front windows. I think when I do it again I'm going to set up a couple room lights. Dunno, I need to look for a pano tutorial.

Also I shot with my 50mm on full frame so there would be little image distortion so the photos would stitch together easier... Still had issues. For shits and giggles I tried it with the fish... lol that was the ugliest stitch i ever seen evar :mamoru2:

17. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

lol, also make sure you expose all shots for the brightest area you want to see, rather than just meter the first shot.

18. joy division

joy division New Member

just don't take the pictures at 16mm on a ff camera...the ca is hilarious when trying to stitch together :rofl:

19. yeah I tried that for shits and giggles only it was a 15mm fish on full frame. :rofl:

even using the 50mm i had distortion :eek4: Maybe I shoud use a longer lens :dunno: :o

20. I was under the impression that doing this would make the images different brightnesses/darknesses. :dunno:

21. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

maybe i get that out very clearly.

if your 3rd shot has sunlight and the others are artifical, expose all the shots with the setting from the 3rd shot, otherwise you will get some massive blowout.

22. joy division

joy division New Member

take 3000 shots with the 200mm end and a 1.6 tc :rofl: