A&P Panoramic help

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by yimmy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. yimmy

yimmy New Member

I am going to try a panoramic shot for the first time this weekend. From what Ive read online you should shoot counter clockwise and overlap the photos 20-40%.

Is there a reason for going counter clockwise? I would think it would be better to position the camera in the middle of the shot and shoot a pic to the middle, the left, then right. Wouldnt that make the pic look more realistic. Explain.

2. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

i've never heard that. I usually start from the left and pan towards the right. from my psychology knowledge, your brain reads and scans things better from left to right so I just assume that doing it that way would help you better compose and combine shots.

the biggest thing I'd suggest is making sure each shot has the same exposure and WB setting or you may have some trouble combining shots that aren't exposed similarly.

3. yimmy

yimmy New Member

Yea im going to bracket them so I get multiple exposures just in case.

4. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

don't bracket, just get an idea for how your subject will meter, set that in manual mode and set the WB to whatever your scene should look like (i.e. anything but auto)

5. yimmy

yimmy New Member

Cool thanks for the advice.