SRS panic attacks

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by meervincent, Oct 14, 2006.

1. meervincent

meervincent New Member

i get them when ever i get cold really fast.

ie

getting out of the shower or going outiside on a cold day.

its a constricting feeling like im helpless and causes me to hyperventalate and become very frightened.

its happened to me since i was around 4 or 5 and ive come to the point when i can control it but i cant really do anything, i just stand there and look petrified.

what could have caused this?

2. meervincent

meervincent New Member

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Im thinking it would have been caused by some sort of traumatic experience ,when your young you devellop those things that you should be afraid of in life, naturally of those things that inflict injury on you, or to move away from things that give you bad experiences.

People with phobias will often experience panic attacks as a direct result of exposure to their trigger.Normally mental health professionals can assist you in treatment of panic disorder like psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers. To pursue a medical treatment for panic disorder, you should visit a medical doctor, typically a psychiatrist. Treatment for panic disorder includes medications and a type of psychotherapy known as cognitive-behavioral therapy

You might want to give those a try, because i don't think the disorder will magically resolve itself i think you should make an oppointment with a psychiatrist.

4. meervincent

meervincent New Member

5. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i have found alot of success with the panic attacks i started getting using the tips on this website. it vitually revolutionised my life :)

http://www.anxietyandstress.com/sys-tmpl/dealingwithpanic/

i dont use drugs of any sort (im a recovering addict), so i chose this route instead. Besides, who wants to have to take a pill to get out of the shower?

6. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

When I get them, I breath in through my nose out through my mouth. It calms me down. I also sit down cuddle a pillow and watch cartoons or a funny movie if I can:)