A&P Palestine C&C

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Chicle, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Chicle

Chicle New Member

Here are some of my first images I've edited a bit from my recent trip. I have tons more to go through but here are a few of my favorite at the moment. Any C&C would be excellent, i'm fairly unskilled in editing images so I'm not sure what else to do to make them better.

1 This is the city of Beit Sahour it is a neighboring city of Bethlehem.
    [​IMG]

2 Beit Sahour again with Mt. Herodian in the background. The mountain was actually created by King Herod, he wanted his palace on a mountain that could be seen from all areas so he had the mountain created. It can be seen from both Bethlehem and Jerusalem.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 Recycled paper made at the Al-Basma Special Needs Center. A center that serves special needs patients throughout Bethlehem and Beit Sahour, most families are ashamed to have handicapped family members and try their hardest to hide them. This center gives the people a place to regain their dignity while also learning important life skills.
    [​IMG]

5 Old lady harvesting in Beit Sahour
    [​IMG]

6 Two kids walking the streets of the Aida Refugee Camp.
    [​IMG]

7 Sunrise over Bethlehem
    [​IMG]

8 We got to spend sometime in a small farming village named Al-Masarra and participated in the ceremonial opening of a new communal cistern. The man in the foreground is the owner of the land where the communal cistern is located. The man in the gold suit is the head of the Italian Cooperation that is helping the village and the man to his right in the gray suit is the director of the UN Palestinian aid. Blocked by the man's head was also the Minister of Agriculture for the Palestinian Authorities.
    [​IMG]

2. PackingMyBags

PackingMyBags New Member

nice shots. ive always wanted to visit that part of the world. A lot of history lies there.

3. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

Wow. I've seen some Boston.com/AP/Getty/Reuters photos from the exact same places lately. Looks like a great trip I hope. Thanks for posting.