GUN Pair Robbed In Driveway After Visiting Gun Range

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Feb 8, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.local6.com/news/10962467/detail.html
    Pair Robbed In Driveway After Visiting Gun Range
    2 Semiautomatic Handguns Stolen, Police Say

POSTED: 10:36 am EST February 8, 2007
    UPDATED: 3:37 pm EST February 8, 2007
    E-mail this story | Print this story
    OVIEDO, Fla. -- Two people were robbed in their driveway at gunpoint in Oviedo Sunday afternoon after police said they were targeted while leaving a gun range.

The robbery happened about 4:30 p.m. in the driveway of a house in the Kingsbridge West neighborhood, police said.

The unidentified victims were approached by four black males, who were described as being in their late teens, after returning home from the Central Florida Gun Range, according to police.

The assailants forced the victims to the ground and stole several items from them, including two semiautomatic handguns from the trunk of their car, police said.

Police said security video from the gun range shows who they believe are the culprits involved in the robbery.

Police said the assailants were driving a dark green, four-door, mid-90s model Honda Accord with a temporary tag attached to the rear of the vehicle. The windows of the vehicle are darkly tinted.

The victims were not injured.

Anyone with information about this incident is urged to call CrimeLine 800-423-TIPS.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

2. gyeagle1

gyeagle1 New Member

Hmmm what are the odd's the car is stolen as well

3. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

This is why I always load my glock as soon as I get back in the car. Not to mention pay attention to see if anyone is following me.

4. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

wow oviedo is only 10 minutes away from me....i may have to start carrying concealed to/from the range from now on instead of leaving everything in the range bag.

5. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

I leave my carry gun concealed the entire trip to and from the range. So I might have some empty guns, but there is at least 1 full one, usually 2.

6. CKMustangCobra

CKMustangCobra New Member

Pretty sure they left the Apopka Shoot Straight range and were followed all the way to my home town of Oviedo....

about a 45min drive.

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm always carrying when leaving the range, I'm guessing in Fl legally your suppose to keep handguns locked in the trunk if you dont have a ccw?
    Thats how it is here if you dont have a ccw.

8. Gimik

Gimik New Member

clear it on the way in, load it on the way out.

9. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

I always make a point to keep 2 magazines loaded with decent defensive ammo for the Glock and carry them with it at all times.

10. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

You can keep it in the glovebox without a ccw so long as it's "secured" which basically means a snapped holster. I don't have my license yet, almost 21, but whenever I go to the range back in Jax they don't like you bringing in or leaving with loaded firearms. Once I can conceal it then it won't matter. The ranges here in Tallahassee are out in the middle of the woods with no supervision so I typicaly like to have at least one loaded gun on me. It's especially dificult when chaning targets, keeping one eye on the target and the other one back on the line making sure no one is stealing all your shit.

11. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

yeah, this is one of the main reasons i try to leave just a few rounds of ammo left over when i leave the range. I'm surprised the people that got robbed didn't try to defend themselves unless it was obvious that they'd lose.

12. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

You know in florida that takes some either really smart or really dumb robbers. In Illinois...its much easier to know that the person leaving the range is carrying a big bag of guns and defenseless. I try to pay very special attention when I arrive and leave that no one who looks like they might try to take my toys is around. The drive back is so long I don't worry too much.

13. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

that's pretty ballsy and fuckin stupid to try to rob someone that just left the gunrange.. unless the victims yelled out multiple times "I am completely out of ammo! I couldn't shoot anyone to save my life!"

14. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Sounds like that's exactly what happened here, if they really followed the guy for 45 minutes to his home..

15. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

in fl without a ccw the gun must be securely encased. This means in any kind of container with a lid, whether or not the lid has a lock.

so technically i could carry it in my front seat in a shoe box and be legal. i will find the statute again hold on...

[/SIZE]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  16. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

i dont feel bad for them.

fuck em.

next time they'll be carrying

17. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

My rule is if any guns are around, at least one of them is loaded and ready to go.