paintless dent repair, anyone?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Milin, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

got this one at panera. Parking lot was full, tryed to park at the back liek I usually do. Caught the person doing it, went and got my food and couldn't find them. Car was still tehre so I just waited outside.

Finally got ahold of them and the lady is gnona pay for it even though her son did it (he seemed to not like me even when he didn't know I owned the car. kept giving me dirty looks)

at any rate, anyone know how hard this would be to get back to looking normal again?

[​IMG]

it's dirty, but still shining from my last application of EXP and a coating of NXT which has probably dissolved since then. It's been a couple of months!!

2. NEGROTIATOR

NEGROTIATOR New Member

What car is that? It's good that you know who did it and they're going to right it.

3. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

subaru WRX. I had to find who did it. they didn't leave a note or nothing. probably didn't even notice they did it.

sad part: I took extra care (because it was really windy outside) to roll my window down and grab my door tightly so it wouldnt hit theirs and I wouldn't ding their car.

I have never given someone a door ding. I'll repark my car somewhere else if I can't get out without hittin their door.
    It just seems disrespectful to do something like that to something that someone spent a large portion of their income on.

4. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

Anyone who does paintless dent removeal will be able to take care of it.

5. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

100 bucks sound like a fair deal for it?

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Yeah, sounds reasonable. A good PDR guy should be able to get that either perfect or damn close.

7. NEGROTIATOR

NEGROTIATOR New Member

Just remmeber the smaller the dent the harder the repair.

8. hayguyz

hayguyz New Member

for $100 i would expect it to be pretty damn flawless, i paid $60 for a dent like that and it was completely removed

9. Dethfat

Dethfat New Member

PDR is EXTREMLY complicated if you have no experience with metal working or knowlegde of the tools to use, usually PDR tool kits start at $500 and only have about 4-5 tools in the kit, and if you do have any experince with metal working then PDR is still very hard to pick up without training. ide like to help out as much as posible, pm if you have anymore questions or anything

10. offthahook

offthahook New Member

I had a few dents removed from my Solara and I was very impressed. You can't tell at all. I had a crease about 6" long removed, too. Your dent can be done with PDR and you shouldn't be able to tell at all if it is done right. I went to HS with the dude who removed my dents and he has been doing it since he was out of HS (We're 35 now). It's just a series of long prybar looking tools and they slowly massage the metal with the tools. Just roll down the window to get access to that dent...

11. MartyFukstein

MartyFukstein OT Supporter

That can come out w/ PDR, but if the tech is going to travel to your location to remove that dent only, he's certain to charge you $150 minimum.

12. offthahook

offthahook New Member

Yup, they charge a huge premium to meet you out. Meet them at a dealership when they are there.

13. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

shouldnt be more than $50 for paintless dent repair