Paintless Dent Guys

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by deadmeat, Jul 17, 2008.

1. deadmeat

deadmeat Active Member

So my shopping cart, with a rubber bumper on the corner tagged a Lexus in the Costco parking lot. I may or may not have caused 2 small 'door ding' sized dents on it. I don't believe what I did caused any of the scratches on her car because of the rubber bumper.

Say the depression is about the diameter of a nickel, 2 different spots.

What price range am I looking at to fix these?

2. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

Was the shopping cart insured?? :mamoru:

Most of the dent guys I've used are $25-50 per panel, depending on the location/size.

3. deadmeat

deadmeat Active Member

so max 200 hopefully.

dont even get me started about the cart. I am beyond pissed. she sat there idling grinning like an idiot watching it roll toward her car while i stuffed four year old twins and all my shit in the truck. it's my fault, but I'm beyond pissed. Just because my shit is detailed and clean she thinks I have money or something.

It's like a 15 year old Lexus, too.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Sometimes the PDR guy will cut you a deal for doing a whole panel.

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

how's it your fault? the store won't take responsibility for loose carts, how can you?

6. dirteemac

dirteemac hey, how are you?

I got a couple small dents in my car that could be fixed, where do I take it? autobody shop?

7. deadmeat

deadmeat Active Member

Because it's only $200 for some good karma. ANd it was my cart, and the fucking cunt started writing down my license plate shit. The daughter (owner of the car) calls me up later describing all sorts of damage. I asked her to mspaint circles on the pics i took of the door and explain to me how they happened with a rubber bumper on the cart. She got all quiet....

lol.

8. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

I'd fix it out of the kindness of my own heart. We all hate it when that happens, and it was an accident. But, if the lady gets greedy or gets an attitude, tell her to pound sand. It happened in a parking lot...good luck with that.

9. deadmeat

deadmeat Active Member

So I showed up with my DSLR to our meeting place to 'discuss' the issue. She started to point out all kinds of dings on the car, and I pointed out the height of the cart off the ground and measured it on the car = no dings. She started talking about a chunk that was out of the paint toward the rear of the door and I reminded her that the cart has a rubber bumper on it meaning no paint chips possible. I told her if she wanted to I would give her $100 to have the panel cleaned up (based on the guesstimate I got here for $50-$75), or she could call my insurance.

Then I asked her if her mother was authorized to drive that car on her insurance.

So now I have over 100 pics of her car and a signed release of liability in her handwriting for $100.

Then she saw my car and asked if I would detail hers....

I told her $450. :mamoru:

10. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: