paint specks,spray paint help!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by momentum, Apr 12, 2005.

1. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

i need to know how i should go about getting out paint overspray,from house painters,spray paint,etc.... i'm having a difficult time trying to find a good pad and chemical combo that will do the trick. I tryed to get out some white paint specks from a customers truck with the harshest combo i have right now,#83 with a sonus orange pad on #6 speed done 5 times,didnt work a bit!!! i thought i was going to burn right though paint but no :noes: anyone that has a input on this feel free to post in here.:wavey:

2. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I think Meguiars makes an aggressive detailing clay thats supposed to work well for overspray. I've never tried it so maybe someone else in here can tell you if it will work.

3. momentum

i tryed claying,removed very little if best,looking for something really strong

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You will probably need the red Meguiars or Clay Magic clay bar. You will have to polish after using it because it will most likely lightly mar the paint.

A PC isn't going to do much on overspray. You need to use clay bars or learn to use a rotary....clay bars are the non-abrasive route though.

5. momentum

i used the mothers clay bar.i guess that one isnt what i should of bought.i'll try to use one those clay bars instead. would it work with paint that been on there for awhile? or is there a certain time period before nothing will work? its getting kinda annoying that i have about 5 differant people calling me to see if i can get paint out.so there isnt nothing chemical wise i can use to remove that will my pc?

6. momentum

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You are just going to have to use an aggressive clay then polish. Plastic razor blades also help but you need a very steady hand.

If the overspray isn't fresh (as in hours old) mineral spirits won't be effective.

8. JDMkidEG6

JDMkidEG6 Guest

if the over spray is on paint that has a clear coat or on any glass.... you can go to a paint shop and get reducer.... its what they ad to the paint before they actually spray the car..... it normally has taken overspray off for me. and it wont hurt your clear coat

9. momentum