paint cleaners

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by mc technik, Aug 22, 2002.

1. mc technik

mc technik your purrty...

i got this megaruis 'body scrub' paint cleaner thing i found in my garage, the ones that come in the burgndy bottle. is it any good? since its a cleaner your supposed to rubb it back and forth or cicular motion?

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Meh, the burgundy bottle stuff is shit. You're better off with a polish anyways. I recommend Meguiar's #7, or Swirl-free polish if you need to remove swirls. I don't feel that there's a difference between the circular motion or back and forth. Personally, I prefer the circular.

3. mc technik

how bout the megarius cleaner wax #6? how good is that

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Body Scrub is alright if you paint really needs something strong. You are better off using Meguiars Mirror Glaze line for paint prep and their #26 wax or S100 for waxing (see stickied thread for S100 info).

5. mc technik

my car is burgndy and theres alot of swirls eveywhere including crap on the paint, isnt very smooth at all. plus i got swiped the other day...i dont know who did it bastards! some straches, kinda faint, but its noticeable. lucky there not too deep, would u reccomend for my peice of crap 1991 paint that hasent got proper washing and waxing form my parents untill i started driving it a year ago???!

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

At some point, the paint will get beyond repair. It's at that point where you need to decide to either live with it and take care of it to keep the paint where it is at now, or get a repaint.