Paint chips and keying, will it buff out :noes: *PICS*

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Ingen, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Ingen

Ingen New Member

Alright guys, I've been wanting to help my mom out for a while. This was going to be a mothers day gift, but she wanted to take the car on this huge road trip vacation first, so I thought it'd be best to delay it. Now the time has come:

I'm going to have the inside of her car detailed (steam cleaned and shampooed, everything spiffied up nice) and I'm taking care of the outside of it with touch up paint... or something.

I've never worked with the touch-up paint before, and I'm wondering how much success I'm going to have / can have. Below are some pics of the damage, with a dollar bill included for scale.

I HAVE NO PC BUFFER, OR ANY OTHER KIND OF REAL EQUIPMENT. I'M ALSO BROKE. KEEP THIS IN MIND, PLEASE. Thanks :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Chip on the hood

[​IMG]
    More hood evilness

[​IMG]
    Close up on one of the chips.

Alright, so I was thinking wash the whole thing good, clean the offending parts out with some rubbing alcohol before painting, do touch up paint,then wash again and wax it good. However, I have no idea if this is how this is done, or anything else.

Any advice would be appreciated... I really want to do a good job of this! thanks again ot :hug:

2. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

that has really bad swirls also. to be honest, you need a PC with some good product. will probably expect to pay about $200. not what you wanted to hear, but just about the truth.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You probably can't completely remove the scratches and you need to use touch-up paint on the chips.

Read the swirl removal by hand sticky and the detailing EDU, they should help you.

4. Ingen

Ingen New Member

Thanks Scott :)