Paint care made easier by a mild winter

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by El Slotho, Jun 14, 2002.

1. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

Pics of the beginning Zaino process, Polish Lok and Z5 swirl remover, completed today. And just in time for rain all weekend, too! Sweet.

The car is a 1997 BMW M3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will post more once a few more light coats of Z5 and Z2 are added.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Please compress the pics before you post anymore. Most of us are on dial-up. www.xat.com has a great image optimizer and you can probably get those pics down to about 35-40k without comprimsing quality.

BTW, typical highly reflective Zaino shine. Have you considered topping with Souveran or P21S to add a wetter look?

3. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

Sorry about that - I rarely encounter dialup subscribers on my more frequented BBs and do not usually save my pictures with them in mind. I will attend to this in the future.

I honestly never progress past multiple light applications of Z2, which has always yielded satisfactory results, but if you are suggesting that there is another step to be taken I am all ears. Of Souveran and P21S, which is easier to apply? After the relative ease of Zaino's application/removal it is tough to return to the hard stuff. :)

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Souveran is pretty much wipe on and wipe off. Seriously-it spreads like warm butter and you can wipe of the excess almost immediately. P21S is supposed to be nearly as easy. I have never found a wax that is more user friendly or has a wetter shine.

You might want to check out http://autopia-carport.com and do a search on Klasse/Zainos with carnuba toppers. Basically, while Zainos and Klasse have very reflective, mirror like shines, they tend to be very sterile, ie shiny but not wet. To get the protection of a synthetic and the wetness of carnuba, several on that board lay down several layers of Zainos or Klasse SG or AOI and then top it with P21S, Souveran or Blitz waxes.

Oh yeah, and about dial-up-nothing I can do until Southwestern Bell builds a switching station closer for DSL or AT&T wires my neighborhood for broadband. :(