Pain during sex

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by stormywaters, Oct 20, 2007.

1. stormywaters

stormywaters Tornadoes are just wind...

My boyfriend and I have had sex a few times (maybe 5) and it still hurts a lot when he puts his penis in. Tonight I just kind of grinned and whent on and once we got going it stopped hurting and I came for the first time during sex (twice actually :bigthumb:). I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem? Does it get better or will it always hurt at first?

(I'm pretty small, 5'6 105lbs if that makes a difference)

2. autobahn

autobahn New Member

are you using lube?

3. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

try having some foreplay before he just sticks it in there. you'll elongate and widen the more turned on you are. also, relax...keep breathing, and it will go in easier and less painfully. finally, lubricant is your friend.

4. stormywaters

Yes lube is used, and lots of foreplay was done. I was almost as painful as the first time, but it had been a while since we last had sex.

5. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton New Member

when was your last pelvic exam?

bring it up with your gynecologist, could be something called vaginismus.

How old are you? How "big" is your boyfriend? Has this ever happened with other partners?

6. MrInconsistant

MrInconsistant New Member

did you just recently lose your virginity?

7. stormywaters

I'm 19 and have never been to the gynecologist. My boyfriend is 6" or so, not sure about girth.
    I have never been with anyone else.
    I lost it a few months ago, but we haven't gotten to do it very much. Maybe 5 times.

8. Hunt

Hunt Active Member

this could be your problem - at least it was with the girl I first had sex with. When we first started, the sex was not very frequent; maybe once every couple of weeks, and she said it hurt a bit each time. When we started doing it more frequently, her body acclimated and it stopped being painful.

9. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton New Member

you have to go see the gynecologist

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

If you are 19, and especially if you are having sex you need to be seeing a gynecologist :ugh:

11. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

If you're worried about your parents/dont want to tell them, etc. just go to your local Planned Parenthood. Its cheap (free?) to get a pelvic exam and they can give you free condoms and get you on birth control (which I would suggest, but thats up to you, I suppose). If you dont have a PP in your town, check out the health department. Same deal, but sometimes theres a little bit of a wait.

12. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

it'll get better.

when i started having sex with my last girlfriend, i had to finger her for like 15 minutes before i could do anything with her. i could barely even stick the one finger in there at first.

later in the relationship, all that had to be done is us making out for awhile and me rubbing my dick on her clit for her to get loose enough for me to stick it in.

13. Mangina

Mangina New Member

I had a girl that had the same issue. Went away after about 10 times. Now she's a whore. There's hope for you yet.

14. stormywaters

:rofl: Thanks

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

the first few times its going to hurt.. thats just the way it is. the problem is that once you think its going to hurt, you arn't going to be relaxed and ready because you are afraid its going to hurt. Tell him hes got to slow down and wait until you are very wet, then use your hand to spread yourself to let him in a bit easier.

16. PretzelGirl

PretzelGirl New Member

OP, that's not really abnormal. It was the same with me. It should stop hurting soon, but remember that you have to be in the mood beforehand. The vaginal walls will then relax and lubricate. Use some lube if you have problems with dryness.

17. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

You're just getting broken in....kinda like new shoes. Hurt at first, but once they get molded to your foot, its all good.

If pain persists once you are having sex on a regular basis, then it may be something significant.

Also, now that you are sexually active, you should be seeing a gyno.

18. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

If you're 19 and sexually active, you really need to go see a gyno. That said, the pain you're experiencing is probably normal. Go to the doc anyway!

19. stormywaters

I'll see if I can go to the doctor over my winter break (I'm away in school).
    I have noticed that when we have sex the angle has to be right or it won't even go in. I hope that's normal. :hs:

20. Stev

Stev Active Member

Well if you are tense... and super tight, then yea it will only go in at a certian angle.

See if you can find a PP or make an appt at a local clinic. I'm assuming you have insurance under your parents...since you are in school? Just get yourself checked out and see if there are any obvious signs of anything and ask a few questions to put yourself at ease so you can understand. I mean im no doctor but at 19 shouldnt you be getting regular female workups like once a year or something? I know all my friends were in college...