WEB Paid Stickys on OT

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by smithkl, May 4, 2009.

1. smithkl

smithkl New Member

I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with paid stickies on this site. How long did you run them for/how much traffic did they send you? What things did you consider when writing a post and headline? At the moment I'm just looking through old paid sticky posts and seeing what they are doing. Thanks.

2. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

depends on what you are offering and if the users need it or want it

3. smithkl

smithkl New Member

I guess my interest wouldn't be affiliate offers like what you usually see, but a humor oriented content site. It lines up better with the general OT crowd, but obviously you have no way to directly recoup the money you invest in product sales.

4. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

i tried it awhile back. it didnt convert well, most likely because ot'rs are very sceptical to sign up to anything.

I cant remember exactly what it was for, but everyone assumed it was some sort of scam. This was back before when people were allowed to "ruin" the stickies and not exactly get banned.

5. Audioholic

Audioholic New Member

I have a link up top now to crunk times which is a OT type forum but much smaller. In two days I have only gotten 10 hits.

I know you are saying why advertise a OT forum on a OT forum dipshit and honestly I did it because I just wanted to see what type of traffic I could get from a site getting this many hits and unfortunately so far it has not worked out well.

Fazle suggested a sticky instead so I will probably run it one more week with a sticky next week then just do a sticky for my web hosting business after that.

I am not sure what you are selling but if it is going to be hosting I would be more than happy to tell you my results when I am done, I am not expecting much but $50 in itself is a joke of a rate for any advertising so like they say you get what you pay for.

6. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

you also have to realize that getting a forum going itself isnt easy, regardless of your advertising budget.

no paying member is really going to leave OT for another forum, mainly because they enjoy the community itself.

7. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

I only pay so I can come to TWL.

8. Pepsi1975

stickies are different than those tiny ads on top, which if you pay i believe are not seen by paying members, so you are not getting the whole membership seeing those or the banner ads

9. Audioholic

Audioholic New Member

Oh I did not realize the ads went away for paying members I will definitely try a sticky next week and for future hosting ads.

Thank you

10. Pepsi1975

I am not 100% sure, mods see all ads, but I do know the banner ads can not be seen buy members with subs, I think the line ads are too, but i am not 100% on it, hopefully someone that comes in here with a sub can shed light on that

11. smithkl

smithkl New Member

I have a sub and see no text/banner ads, I do see paid stickies.

I actually didn't realize this until you brought it up. Good to know that paid stickies get significantly higher eyeballs than normal ads.

12. Pepsi1975

the only way members can't see paid stickies is ignoring thread starter or using the ff add ffvb or whatever it is called and blocking the words paid sticky

13. intrktevo

intrktevo New Member

it's not a paid-member only forum?