GUN Packing.org down?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Changed, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Changed

Changed Guest

Whats the deal? :hs:

Turning 21 in less than a month and after looking at the picture thread, my desire to own a pistol is :noes: :run:

2. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

It goes down a lot. Don't know why. :dunno:

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What county are you in? Its pretty much a 6 month wait on pistol permits in most counties, if your above westchester you may be able to even get a ccw permit.

4. Changed

Changed Guest

yes I'm "upstate" :hsugh:

Tompkins county. My father has his CCW, but the only pistol he owns is a TC Encore :mamoru: ( http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/encorePistols.php )

5. Changed

Changed Guest

And I don't really have a reason to get CCW... :o

Will they really take me serious if I tell them I intend to hunt with a Glock 17 or H&K USP :hsughno:

Personal protection would be the most truthful answer, although the chances of being attacked in my town/city is probably .00001%

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not sure what your county offers, but if you can get CCW there doesn't hurt to have even if you dont intend to use it. You'll probably have to goto the sheriff's dept hq's to pick up the forms, upstate the wait will probably be 3-6 months, and about $100 in fee's. Technically all NY permits are suppose to be CCW its just down here they stick restrictions on them unless you show reason for needing.

7. Changed

Changed Guest

Oh, so I won't even have to fill out extra paperwork or actually check a box stating why I desire to carry a pistol concealed?

Maybe I'll just save my questions for my father in another month :o

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The state form is like 2 pages, I think it asks why you want, but nothing to check if its for ccw or hunting, just write target shooting, hunting. I'm on long island my permit paperwork was like 6 pages with extra shit just for the county.

9. Changed

Changed Guest

Alright, just browsing the interwebs I find myself coming back to the 4'' XD Compact ( http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=111 ) for my first weapon / carry pistol. Any thoughts or concerns?

Glock is also an option, but I don't think I'd feel safe with the safety mechanism they offer... :hsugh: :o

Also, can somebody suggest an IWB holster for the XD? Will be worn with only t-shirts mostly...

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

glock, sig, xd, walther, hk all good choices some more so then others if the mech saftey is an issue. Whats your holster budget? ctacs aren't to bad price/quality wise.

11. Changed

Changed Guest

budget doesn't really matter. I have a feeling my dad will end up purchasing the pistol (or at least covering most of the cost) considering his fondness for firearms. I'll just have to cover classes/ammo/holster/etc...

12. Changed

Changed Guest

looking at the pistol permit forms, it says you have to list 4 references that live in your county. I just moved to this county and have only one acquaintance (that is our neighbor) :hsd: what am I suppose to do now :o

13. Gimik

Gimik New Member

do you work in your county? maybe people from there?

14. Changed

Changed Guest

nope :hs:

I go to college in a different county, and when I'm not at college I live with my parents. All my friends and acquaintances over the past 20 years have been built 1 county away :wtc:

And I work in a different country too :hsd:

15. Gimik

Gimik New Member

well, maybe contact whoever issues them and talk to them about that. better than getting caught in a lie.

16. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Perhaps you can get a couple of your parents friends to vouch for you? Not sure if they actually check references up there, although I wouldnt lie about it anyway. Down here here I had to get my 4 references to fill out a form for me and it had to be notorized.

17. Changed

Changed Guest

Oh shit, yea. My mother is a psychologist and she works with/ is best friends with this lesbian. Thats 2 references (her and her partner) right there, since they aren't married :rofl: :bowdown:

I know they do check with your references here, and it also has to be notarized.