MIL Packages to troops

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 0mega, Nov 22, 2009.

1. 0mega

0mega Active Member

I want to send stuff to random soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan. How do I go about getting info to do this. Its just about christmas time and I want to do something nice for some guys over there. Any info is appreciated. :wavey:

2. 0mega

0mega Active Member

Fail title.

3. Julius

Julius Guest

4. MassiveGas

MassiveGas OT Supporter

they only problem i have with shit like that is many times packages end up going to soldiers on large FOBs that have basically all the necessities. Our commander signed us all up for shit like that. I was getting packages with shit I didn't need because I was on camp liberty, I could easily get everything. Made me feel like shit knowing I was getting a bunch of shit i couldn't use that dudes at distant FOBs would kill for...though we did generally give the huge boxes of baby wipes and other shit to the MITT team whenever they came by

5. Julius

Julius Guest

I agree, but the people that submit the addresses aren't honest.

IE. fobbits put their units up when they know they don't need that shit.

We did get a lot of packages from elementary schools and we would spend all day ragging on the pictures that kids drew us. We got pics of soldiers being shot by insurgents, american flags with yellow stars, and all sorts of :rofl: stuff

6. MassiveGas

MassiveGas OT Supporter

on valentines day we got a bunch of shit like that. At the time i worked in the orderly room and we just went through that shit like WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS. WHO'S TEACHING THESE KIDS TO SPELL.

7. 0mega

0mega Active Member

We are living in tents and sleeping on cots on our base. we have a few electric outlets most are on generators. We do not have laundry service we do our own by hand. We have no cooking ability other than being able to boil small items. We have no microwave or refrigerator/freezer. I am requesting packages for my group of XXXX. There are only male marines on our base. Needs mostly needed are hygiene products like soap, lotion, sunblock, toothpaste, hand warmers. Wish list would be any snacks that remind us of home. Also writing materials including envelopes would be great for the marines to write home. I am part of an infantry unit that is stationed in Hawaii. We are composed of marines from about every state. We are going to ensure stability and security in Afghanistan. Unfortunately we are located in places where there are no luxuries that other larger bases may have. It is also very cold at night here. We are proud to serve our country and are enjoying helping the Afghan people most of them support us and they are very nice. They know we can help them destroy the taliban which have threatened their way of life since the early 90's. Thanks for your support and God bless America....

This is the address:
    1/3 Bravo Co 1st Plt
    Unit 44025
    FPO AP 96607-4025

Does it match up with his description?