GUN Pa cop not professional enough for the glock .40

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Feb 11, 2009.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Scranton cop hurt as weapon is fired
    http://www.scrantontimes.com/articl...090210.a.pg3.tt10shooting_s1.2291319_top7.txt
    Published: Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A city police officer required stitches in his left hand after his gun accidentally discharged inside a West Scranton grocery store Sunday afternoon, according to Police Chief David Elliott.

Lt. Leonard Namiotka, an 18-year department veteran and head of the city’s crime prevention unit, was allegedly showing his weapon to supermarket owner John Brunetti at the rear of Brunetti’s Shur-Save Super Market, 441 N. Main Ave., at 4:20 p.m. when the gun discharged, striking the off-duty officer in the hand with a .40-caliber round.

Scranton police are conducting an internal investigation of the incident, Chief Elliott said. In the meantime, Lt. Namiotka will be placed on desk duty, the chief said.

Lt. Namiotka was out of the office Monday on sick leave, Chief Elliott said.

“Preliminarily, everything appears accidental and doesn’t appear to be criminal,” Chief Elliott said. “He’s being held to a higher standard.”

Lt. Namiotka and Detective Sgt. Bob Martin, police union president, declined to comment.

The accidental shooting happened in a backroom, a private area, away from the customers, said Mr. Brunetti, who referred to Lt. Namiotka as a longtime customer and friend.

“This was really a very unfortunate accident,” he said. “Some employees described (the shot) to me as a box falling. No one realized it.”

After the shooting, Mr. Brunetti called 911 while Lt. Namiotka held his wounded hand.

“It’s more scary when you have to think about it when it happens,” he said. “Guns are dangerous, and that’s about all I can handle.”

-
    Guns are dangerous? No dumbasses who pull the trigger when they shouldn't are dangerous.

2. sp00n155

sp00n155 You underestimate the insignificance of my penis OT Supporter

ban police. ban supermarkets for allowing police to be inside. ban hands.

3. gyeagle1

gyeagle1 New Member

I blame Obama

4. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

ban trigger safeties. apparently they don't work when in the hands of dumbass cops

5. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

Higher standard, you say? What would happen to a normal citizen in that circumstance? I'm guessing a charge of some sort, even if it's just DC :hsugh:

6. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

bad day to be a cop's left hand. two times in one day...

7. Bobalu

Bobalu New Member

Its the PA police fault...theres that one article floating around on the web about the three PA police who fired 100 and something shots at 20 yards from their glocks and ARs and they only hit him the criminal 20 times or so and they still had to wrestle him into handcuffs, he later died in the hospital. The article included the autopsy which was pretty cool..too lazy to qoute the article but heres one link to it

http://concealedcarryholsters.org/category/concealed-carry/
    the second story

8. smartypants

smartypants New Member

I've stopped cracking walnuts with the butt of my duty weapon since I've read so many of these threads.

9. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Pussy.

10. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:ugh2: i dont know any cop that would take their weapon out of their holster to "show" it to someone.

11. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Because when it happens, the cop usually does not notice the ND.