P9 Combo vs. H701/? vs. DRZ-9255

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Arc, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Arc

Arc New Member

Which of the 3 would you choose and why? If you choose the H701 what deck would you use it with, sub $500?

This is going to be for an active 4 way. With 8" midbass, 2" dome mid, and 1" dome tweeter. If you need the drivers, they will be teh Dayton RS225, RS52, and a Vifa XT25.

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

sounds like 3 way not 4 way

3. Arc

Arc New Member

Well then the sub, so it ends up being a 4 way. The only reason I added the drivers is because I have heard that the P9 has a lesser tuning ability, and I have never used/seen a 9255.

Right now I am leaning toward the h701 with either a dva9860/1 or a iva-d100/300..thoughts

4. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

i'd go with the p9 set up, the drz is a great setup but the eq is kinda of lacking. i personally hate alpine's menu system, but a ton of people are happy with the it. The only problem with the p9 is the crossover points, i think the midrange point will be too low for your midranges.

5. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

I personally would choose the H701 combo as well. Are you sure you can use it with the D100?

The only plus to the 9255, is it is all in one chassis. Other than that, it lacks A LOT of what the other two have as far as tuning capabilities, and it only has up to 18dB/oct slopes as well.

I believe the H701 has the edge in total tuning capabilities as well, and I've always been an Alpine fan. I know it does 5.1, and I've read a lot about it... but it nevers comes straight out and says it does 4-way active...?

So... hmmm. I guess that's it.

6. Arc

Arc New Member

It does four way active. It has front 1 and 2, rear and sub out. I was on the phone with alpine and was told that any iva/dva HU back until 2004 will have control of the H701.

The P9 looks like a good option too, but I cannot find a good condition Dex-p9. If that was readily available, and wasnt too much it would be more of a contender. Right now I am just weighing my options.

The 9255 is nice bc of the all in one I agree but for the money there is better options I think. What about the Ural CDD that has 4 way as well?

7. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

Same thing, nice b/c it's all in one... but lack of full control I say. And hard to get ahold of reliably with full support (warranty and such...)