LGBT Owens suggests ex-teammate Garcia is gay

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by NOVAJock, Aug 11, 2004.

1. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Owens suggests ex-teammate Garcia is gay

FOXSports.com
    Posted: 1 hour ago // front-end hack to remove postedTime from Rumors page until a better way can be determined if (document.URL.indexOf("/name/FS/rumors") != -1) document.getElementById("postedTime").style.display = 'none';

Terrell Owens often bickered with Jeff Garcia when the two were San Francisco 49ers teammates. The fact that both players joined new teams during the off-season hasn't quieted Owens, who recently implied Garcia was gay, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

The newspaper reported Owens, in the September issue of Playboy, answered Garcia's denials that he is gay by saying, "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, then by golly, it is a rat."

Owens was asked about his comments Tuesday following Eagles practice. And the standout wide receiver offered some clarification by repeating his statement. But he also added the Playboy interview was a "loose" interview and "everybody was going to make a big deal out of it. But it wasn't like I came right out and said Jeff was gay."

Owens also added in his talk following practice that he thought Garcia — who signed with the Browns in March — has a girlfriend.

"He had a girlfriend when we were in San Fran and there's been reports he has a girlfriend now so that was the extent of (the magazine interview)," Owens said.

Coincidentally, the Inquirer reported Garcia's girlfriend, Carmella Decesare, was a high-profile bystander at Browns practice Tuesday. Decesare is the 2004 Playboy Playmate of the Year.

2. Redsky

Redsky Beat the one you love.

He does seem kinda limp-wristed, but he's just a nancy-boy

3. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

It would be cool if he was, and came out. But he's still cool if he isn't, or doesn't come out.

:wiggle:

4. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I don't know who he is

5. coma

coma New Member

6. CoCo

...that's an awesome pic.

7. NOVAJock

8. Sam Gamgee

:werd:

9. Sam Gamgee

Football player refutes comment about his sexuality

Cleveland Browns quarterback Jeff Garcia says a comment made by ex-teammate Terrell Owens, of the Philadelphia Eagles, implying that he is gay is ridiculous and untrue. In an interview with Playboy magazine that hits newsstands Friday, Owens was asked if he thinks Garcia is gay. Owens responded: "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat."

Garcia responded to Owens's comment after practice Wednesday without mentioning the wide receiver by name. "It is really a waste of my time to sit here and to have to answer to such ridiculous, untrue comments that are made out there in the world today," Garcia said. He noted that it has been reported that he has a girlfriend and has had girlfriends in the past. "So many people know my situation here. It has never been a secret," Garcia said.

Owens backed off his comment to Playboy after the Eagles' practice Tuesday, saying, "I didn't say that he was gay. Like I said, the conversation and interview was loose, and from my knowledge I'm not sure if Jeff is gay or not." Garcia and Owens had a contentious relationship in San Francisco with the outspoken wide receiver often complaining that Garcia didn't throw him the ball enough. The 49ers released Garcia and traded Owens to Philadelphia in the off-season.

http://www.advocate.com/new_news.asp?ID=13375&sd=08/12/04

"wide receiver" :mamoru:

10. NOVAJock

Sounds like a jaded queen to me. :mamoru:

11. Killgunner

Killgunner Guest

:ugh2:

post a pic because I bet your BEAUTIFUL

12. NOVAJock

Be nice. :slap:

13. Killgunner

Killgunner Guest

You can buy don't call people you have never met ugly it sounds like jealousy to me.

14. NOVAJock

It's not jealousy. I've never met James Brown, but that man is butt-ass UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLY, and believe me, it ain't jealousy.

15. CoCo

:rofl: