overweight friend tore his ACLv.diet

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by LuciferBowels, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuciferBowels

LuciferBowels New Member

My friend is fat. He was playing beer league softball and went to make a throw and his acl just popped. Hes already a pretty huge guy. I'm positive his weight contributed to the injury with all the extra pounds he was carrying. He has a terrible diet, I cant tell you the last time I saw his eat a vegetable. Now that hes sidelined and getting surgery he will be completely inactive and its inevitable that he will get even fatter. He is a very stubborn dude so I know he wont take well to me bringing up the topic but it has to be done, we all talk about it when hes not around but no one says it to his face. I have a couple questions.

How do you tell someone that their lifestyle is unhealthy and he is doomed if he doesnt fix it?
    Can I have some diet advice for someone that is completely stagnant?

Right now his diet consists of hot dogs, fast food, wings, cheesesteaks etc.. Hes doing physical therapy right now to build up the muscle before he goes into surgury so he wont be able to do anything until march/may. Any indepth help or links would be useful. do work.

2. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

there was a Mens Health article about a shitty lifestyle, maybe it's in the archives?

3. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

4. Netbastard

Netbastard OT Supporter

That's what got me to start working out 3yrs ago I blew out my ACL in a skiing accident had surgery to replace it. Right after surgery I had 8 weeks of PT. On my last day my therapist told me you're on your own now, you're your physical therapist. My knee wasn't 100% so I continued doing PT in the gym at work and never looked back. I get in the gym 4-5 times a week. Keep talking to him about his PT and convince him to continue with it even after he's all done. Just because he's finished with the PT through insurance is no reason to completely stop doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.