Overtraining in an endurance sport

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Elfling, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elfling

Elfling New Member

So usually when I'm overtrained- I get really pissy and I start binging, especially in the middle of the night. But that's all stuff I know from when I overtrain and I'm going heavy on the weights.

I'm not having any of these symptoms currently- but my running performance is steadily dropping. No increased appetite-in fact maybe a little less- and I just feel like I'm stuck. Last week I cut mileage to 65% of normal and didn't lift at all, rested completely 3 days. Doesn't seem to be any better this week.

Has anybody noticed a difference between overtraining in different disciplines? :dunno:

2. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

i was doing plyo jumps last night, off small box onto higher. i had zero explosion left, i crashed intothe big box. but, i was still able to do sets of jumps onto the bigger one off the floor, so ya, that was a different form of 'failure' for me. :(

3. broccoli

broccoli New Member

How's your diet? Cutting back 65% on mileage, not lifting at all and taking 3 days off should have you feeling better.

Have you felt under the weather at all?

4. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Not rly :dunno: feel ok. Allergies are crapping me out but that's an outside factor.

And yeah, I would've though a week of recovery like that would have me bouncing back- I didn't do speedwork or anything, just easy runs. Diet is maintenance, I'm not actively cutting.

5. broccoli

broccoli New Member

Heat could be a factor in your slower times, too. Don't know about FL temps, but in GA, during my lunchtime runs, the higher temps will slow me down 15-20 secs a mile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.