overeating

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Bobsbarricades, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobsbarricades

Bobsbarricades New Member

Why do I do it? Is there something in your diet that can allow you to gorge yourself?

Of late I've been eating really rediculously good - I stopped almost all dense carbs (pasta, bread, etc. except oatmeal which I put protein powder in to balance it out) and don't really eat any sugers that aren't fructose...and somehow that has braught with it this constant hunger, but it's like a mental hunger. My tummy says, 'full' but my brain tells me to keep eating. Why?

2. The Method

The Method Lurker In Progress

Are you lifting and doing cardio?

How many calories a day are you burning?

What's your caloric intake?

How often are you eating? How many meals per day?

3. BigJohnson

BigJohnson New Member

avoid sugars. stay occupied and drink more water

4. Bobsbarricades

I do need to drink more water

Right now I am only lifting, but I do HIIT for a bit to get a good heart rate going

burning?? fitday says Calories Burned Today
    cals % total
    Total: 3167
    Basal: 1712 54%
    Lifestyle: 1455 46%

and that's without activities - so I honestly don't know how to tell you. I am a college student - bike to campus (7-9 minute bike), I walk around campus a lot, practice guitar (classical guitar so it takes a lot out of you), bike home.

Calories prety much break down like this
    Breakfrast - 1 cup oatmeal with 1 scroop protein powder and 1/4 cup blueberries
    snack - about 1 cup chicken breast - serving carrots, serving celery, serviing almonds, apple, some dates/figs - sometimes that will be my lunch as well but most often I'll also have
    lunch - salad bar - about 1-1.5 cups chicken or ham slices - tomatoes/about 1 cup of different kinds of beans (black, pinto, garbonzo)/ then some other kind of protein available/bowl of granola cereal dry
    dinner - veries a lot. serving (23g protein) smoked salmon, cooked veggies (like 1-1.5 cups), maybe pork one day. stuff like that

my problem is that those are my main meals - mainly 'lunch' and 'dinner' I end up eating so much it hurts. And then around 8 o'clock I start getting crazy cravings. I'll break out the pita bread and eat half of a pita with a bunch of hummus, some olives, nuts, and just start eating whatever I can. My roomate will sometimes have cheerios and I'lll eat like 2 huge bowls of cheerios with some honey. It just feels like my stomach will be full but my mouth/brain wants more!

I weight about 145, a medium build workouts are MWF and paintball on sunday. The thing is that I feel great when I play paintball because I won't eat anything for about 6 hours and burn tons and tons of calories - but not get hungry at all. get home and eat a normal sized meal. It's like when I'm active my body doesn't want much of anything, but when I'm not AS active, my body gorges. And I'm putting on bodyfat - which is the last thing I want. I am gaining in size all around, but my little tummy pouch is growing and my abs are getting less defined.

5. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

Holly fuck, how many callories is all that crap....:eek4:

6. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

I would say then try to supplement your hunger by eating raw celery, that's what I do and it works pretty well.

7. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

:werd: That dude is gonna turn into a Michael moore if he doesn't watch it

8. Perkwunos

I would say to supliment the hunger with some Food :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo Live Free or Die

This happens to me too, and when I do get full, it lasts for about 20 minutes and I want to eat again. I have just tried to fight through it, say no, since you know you don't need it. It sucks terribly though and I feel your pain.

10. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

snack on protein instead of carbs... but :hsugh: @ being 145 and complaining about gaining fat

11. Perkwunos

must be a girl

12. jonno

jonno New Member

in that case.... pics

13. Bobsbarricades

wow.... gotta love the internet.

I'm not complaining about gaining fat - it was just extra info in case it might help. When you only have like 11% BF you notice things like that easy.

I like your celery idea - that actually works because I get bored of eating - but the problem comes an hour later when I feel like I havn't eaten anything at all and don't wanna see anymore celery :p It just feels wierd to have to make myself not eat when I'm hungry - but I'll give it a go. I was hoping that I wasn't getting enough of a certain something.

for the protein instead of carbs as snack - I always balance out whatever carbs I eat with 75% of what I ate as carbs as protein (7:9 ratio abouts)

14. Bobsbarricades

hahaha, glad to hear - how longs it been?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.