Overdoing it?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by hyper, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyper

hyper Member

I a newb at weightlifting, everytime I do a set of lifting, I get 2-3 days of extreme pain when i use the muscles I worked out. Should I continue to lift during this time? Or wait till it comes down? I'm guessing this is normal for a newb?

2. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

its normal....eventually it won't happen anymore....give yourself plenty of time between workouts (4-6 days) while your body adjusts. As you begin to recover faster over the next few months look to start a more frequent training program.

3. chizzle

chizzle New Member

You're recovery time will increase...same thing with me when I started lifting...sore for two days, now I'm barely ever sore.

4. hyper

hyper Member

Diet is pretty random, no like fast food but still lots of high calorie stuff not that healthy

5. SixFour

SixFour Get on your knees and smile like a doughnut! OT Supporter

This happened to me when I first started lifting, I would lift and then wake up in the middle of the night so stiff and sore, not being able to bend my arms. The guy that I started lifting with told me it was normal and it would go away and it did after about a week. Now if I get sore at all it usually dissipates by the following morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.