SRS overcome w/self doubt

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 4, May 22, 2007.

1. 4

4 Why would you want the TV and the stereo on at the

this is my first asylum post...her it goes

it feels like i am forever doomed with flailing about in a pool of mediocrity when i know i can do so much better in school, relationships, and be in better shape, but i don't

i just don't do things, i know i should be getting a 4.0 in school right now, but i don't, i could have a great relationship with a girl and be happy, but i wont even call and talk to girls i like, i could work out and be in good shape and look good but i dont

it feels like im lost, just going through the motions and it makes me feel like shit, i feel worthless and like a scared fool is who is afraid of being successful, the idea of being everything i can and succeeding at all my goals excites me, but is also scary for some reason, i have so much self doubt it is unbelievable

i also used to drink a lot and have realized that this is probably why, when i drink i feel more confident and able to socialize with people and interact better with girls and friends, now that i seriously cut back i think booze has left me a social cripple who has trouble interacting with others

when i talk to people im always very self criticizing and overly self aware of my wrods and actions and sometimes very uncomfortable, even when talking to my family or friends,

i know this is a lot and is jumbled but i jsut have alot on my mind right now, im not sure what to do, i feel depressed and lonely sometimes, and i want to rbeak out of this so bad, nothing would make me happier than to be free of this anxiety and just relax and succeed like i know i can

if anyone has any help or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated
    :hs:

2. Ickyarkman

Ickyarkman New Member

Use Nike's motto...."Just Do It"

3. Takitome

Takitome New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHyXdyRXMsg&mode=related&search=

No this one allways gets me going.

On topic, How old are you?

From what I gather I think you have forgotten how good a feeling achievement is. Like when you did something really good, you're proud of it and just high on the emotion itself. It becomes an addiction, you just want to continue to do something and keep yourself busy.

You should try that, no matter how trivial achievement it is. I'm sure it will lift your spirit and give you a drive to do something :)