Overclocking suggestions. Temperature readouts *avi*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mycophiles, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

These are my temeratures when I run Orthos. Last night the temps hit 55degrees but as you see in the video today they stay at 53-54. I know the temperature won't really change unless you add voltage but I thought I'd get someone else's optinion on the situation.

It's using a stock Heatsink.

This CPU for most people overclocks to 2.7ghz without problems. I'd like to try it out but I'm doing as much research as possible first.

I have a cheap case. One fan in front and that's it so I keep the side door open. I need to pick up some fans. :mad: Will the lack of active airflow through the case be that big of a deal? I would think having the case left open would be OK.

Video size is 46megs. :eek3: Didn't think it would be that big, but most of you prob. have 5mb transfer speeds so it will only take a minute or 5. :rofl:

Anyway, thanks for the help. Specs are in the video.

temps.avi

2. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

btw... I tried viewing the temps.avi file in vlc and it didn't work... it did however work in WMP.

3. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

Having the side off of the case is just as good as the case having multiple fans, as far as the cpu temps go.

4. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Guess if I use some presurized air every 6 months I'll be fine. :hsd:

5. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

well I know what the avi doesn't work in VLC. It's some old POS codec called CRAM.
    Next time try encoding it to Xvid or DivX
    And it crashed my WMP for some reason, yet for some reason VirtualDub played it just fine...go figure.

And did it have to be 1024x768?

As for your problem.....

I found that having the case closed was better for the cooling. I would however move your single fan to the back of the case so it acts as an exhaust or buy a second fan to do just that.

You want a new case? Buy.com has the Antec Nine Hunderd for $100; with Google check out you save $10. You'll get excellent air flow and cooling with it.

Getting a better heatsink&fan would help greatly. Stock heatsink&fan ftl.
    Arctic-Cooling and Zalman make some great CPU coolers and are whisper quiet.