Over training... How often do you break?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 2000GT, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

I have noticed lately that I don't take enough time off from the gym. I live behind my gym, so a lot of the time I go because I feel obligated as I am so close.

In a week, usually I only have one day off. I have noticed recently that a lot of my workouts suffer as I am too sore to be training and only really realize this as I actually start lifting weights.

Since I only lift recreationally, and my diet and sleep aren't condusive to training so hard, I need to start forcing breaks for the sake of my training overall.

How do you guys manage your lifting schedule and breaks?

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

3. quamen

quamen New Member

I hit the gym 4-5 days per week and that's enough for me. When i was doing a 6 day routine, i felt to run down especially after working physical labor all day. I really think you need to listen to what your body tells you, and not the advice of myself or others. I know some people who can train 6 days a week, and be perfectly fine. I believe this is largely due to the fact of what they do outside the gym (diet, supplements, type of work etc).

After getting on a better diet, sleeping 7-8 hours and adding supplements, my soreness has dramically decreased. ALso i dont know if your doing 2 body parts per day or 1, because doing 2 per day for 6 days/week is going to decrease your progress.

4. pollux

pollux OT Supporter

post your routine...

seem like you already answered your question. imo unless your diet and sleep/rest is also up to par, you're probably overtraining. either train less or eat and sleep better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.