Over There (new show on Fx)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Knucklehead, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

Anyone heard about this new show coming out about the war in Iraq? I think if it's well done it could be really good. There haven't been many good war related shows besides Band of Brothers, and it would be interesting to watch one about a current ongoing war.

2. I personally wouldn't mind another war-related or war-based show on tv, but if it's one that actually just revolves around or simulates the real war going on right now in the foreign countries, that would overdoing it as all we see on the news is new information about the war, and almost always one or both of the same headlines - "Another car-boming/suicing-bomber" or "More soldiers die due to...". But that's just me.

3. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

I think it's really interesting and pretty bold that they're going to have a show focused on the Iraq war while it's still going. I'm sure they'll make it differ from the news by trying to focus on the characters and the people fighting and such...I guess we'll have to wait and see how much it resembles reality.

4. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

I think that FX always does a great original series, I mean just look at Nip/Tuck and The Shield.

That being siad, IF this is purely gonna be a war propaganda series instigated by the "elites in charge" then, I am truly dissapointed with FX and the road thy are going to take.

BUT if it is not, then I will surely be tuned in to what I hope is gonna be a show of great violence and yet touching emotional stories as well.

5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

I read about it in Newsweek a couple weeks ago, and they were raving about it, saying it was not pro or anti propoganda, just a real gritty look at what war is like for the soldiers on the ground.

6. BradBell

BradBell New Member

Has anyone been watching this show? I have seen the first two episodes and I am really getting into it. I plan to check it out tonight at 10.

7. φ

φ Eugenics is the self-direction of human evolution.

I think the two episodes so far are moving kind of slow, and the battle scenes don't seem to have alot of action. It is a pretty cool show despite this, and i enjoy watching it even though the action could be moreintense. They did a nice job on the characters, too.