outputting composite or S-video from a HP??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Budha, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Budha

Budha Guest

Hi, I'd like to know how to output my computer to my TV screen without using the VGA. On the back of my HP, its about a year old, it has an S-video and composite output. I was thinking I could hook that up to my bigger TV and use my TV display as my monitor if I was ever lazy and just wanted to sit back and chat w/ people on with my wireless keyboard etc.. Does anyone have any idea how to make my computer output to those, because I cannot find out how to do it anywhere... Thanks

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

not good for what you want. TV resolution is about 500 pixels high, which means text is not going to be readable.

3. Budha

Budha Guest

What about like a cheaper projector??

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

projectors run $500+ for one that does VGA.

5. Budha

Budha Guest

Hey well I remember being in high school, and teachers had their computers hooked up to their TV's w/ VGA to Composite adapters, and we could still read text etc easily.... Do you have any idea how to make my composite/svideo out work??

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you plug it in, and enable it in display settings > advanced.

7. Budha

Budha Guest

Hey man I dont want to be annoying, I usually know my way around the PC but can you tell me from doing this in Windows XP Media Center Edition Sp2, how to do it from start > my programs > blah blah blah etc? Thanks

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

:ugh:

right click desktop > properties > settings

9. Budha

Budha Guest

Hahah, I know how to get to the display settings and properties etc, but it doesnt mention anything about composite video, or S-video output anywhere. Then when I go to the display and it says connect to a TV, it has a VGA cable goign to it on the litlte picture.

10. Budha

Budha Guest

edit: Nevermind I found it, thanks man I appreciate the help.