outlook/hotmail/pocketpc

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 01000101, Jan 2, 2004.

1. 01000101

01000101 New Member

Ive just gotten a pocketpc, and i am trying to get my email on it. i can get my hotmail in outlook on my desktop just fine, but it goes to 'hotmail-inbox' rather than 'inbox.'

if i move a message on outlook desktop from 'hotmail-inbox' to 'inbox' then sync, the message appears on the pocketpc. but moving all the messages to another inbox is less than worthless. so is there a way to get hotmail to dump its messages straight into the normal inbox? and leave them on the hotmail server? i only want outlook desktop to act as a portal, i dont care to use outlook.

i also tried setting up the pocketpc to get the email from hotmail on its own, but i dont have the server information for the outgoing or the incoming messages, and you all know how helpful hotmail is when it comes to tech support (read: the support link is down)

i dont care how i get the email to the pda, thru activesync or thru imap4/pop3, as long as i can send and recieve emails when i sync with my desktop.

any help anyone can provide would be greatly appricatied

2. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

:dunno: I've never used hotmail but you could probably make a rule to move (or copy) anything that comes into your hotmail inbox to your regular inbox.

3. Mugatu

4. 01000101

01000101 New Member

im not on my home computer, so i cant look into it, but how do i make a rule? is it pretty straightforward?

5. Mugatu

Yeah it walks you through it and it's fairly easy to do (can't recall what menu it's under but it should be easy to find).