Outlook express opens by itself??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TheMetNut, Mar 25, 2005.

1. TheMetNut

TheMetNut OT Supporter

All I have to do is slightly bump my computer cabinet, drop the mouse or just bump the computer itself and Outlook Express opens up. This is VERY irritating, as I'm trying to play WoW and all of a sudden the program opens up for no reason, can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

2. skinjob

skinjob Active Member

wow, that's pretty odd. Do you have one of those keyboards that have extra buttons to startup applications like email and web browsers? Perhaps the keyboard connector is faulty and causing spurious button presses to register. Try a different keyboard. At worst, you may have to replace the motherboard if the keyboard connector is faulty.

3. TheMetNut

TheMetNut OT Supporter

Well I thought that it could be the problem since I spilt pop on it :) BUt then I went to the store and bought another keyboard, and the problem still exists. Could viruses/spyware be the cause of this? I mean if I don't physically bump into the computer or anything nothing happens, but as soon as the cabinet/desk, or if I even turn on the lamp on my desk, the program opens up. How aggrivating :(

4. skinjob

skinjob Active Member

It has to be a hardware problem due to the "user input" that's required for the problem to show itself. I still think it's related to the keyboard. Have you tried unplugging the keyboard and bumping the computer? Also, open up the machine and make sure nothing is loose.

5. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Run a virus and spyware scan just to be on the safe side. You never know what could case it. Plus the scans can't hurt anything but your time waiting for them to finish scanning and cleaning.

6. TheMetNut

TheMetNut OT Supporter

So I've unplugged the keyboard and bumped it and it still opens up, I've scanned for spyware with Adaware, Spybot and Spyware doctor, and used Trend Micro to scan for viruses. I had a couple viruses, and a bunch of spyware, removed it and the problem still exists.