WEB Outbound URL rewriting

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LowClass, Sep 9, 2009.

1. LowClass

LowClass New Member

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I was hoping I could do it with mod_rewrite or something but i have no idea what I'm doing.

Basically i need to append a string before a URL and encode the URL. There is no way to change all the links on the site so i was hoping i could get something that rewrote them when clicked, that way i can do it on any site really.

Anyone have any idea?

2. bomber

bomber Go Balls Deep

Use something like jquery, add a click function to all the href tags in your content div that modifies the address when you click it.

Something like $("#content a").click(function(){$(this).attr('href','new link');});

3. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

well, why?

4. LowClass

LowClass New Member

I will have to look into this, i am not a programmer but if its something i can look up and trial and error ill do it

just a wordpress site, with a bunch of outbound links on it

site is huge and all links are in place, need to redirect them through another service now, so i need to append the URLs to a forwarder and they have to be encoded

5. Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens Making Cancer My Bitch OT Supporter

jQuery is the way to go, but if you only want to do it to some links, and not others, you still might need to add a class like <a href="" class="external"> or something..

If it's EVERY link inside the postbody, that's easy since the post has classes on it already.