Out of the house and buying my own groceries. Have no idea what healthy foods to buy

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by WiKiD, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WiKiD

WiKiD U MAD?

I have been out of a regular workout routine for well over a year now. Jiu Jitsu is probably the only thing that kept me from just exploding over 300 lbs. Right now i am 5'11 280lbs....awful. Over the summer i moved out of the house and have mainly been eating fast food and ramen noodles so since i joined a gym today i figure it is time to eat healthy. Healthy eating habits was something that was never really taught in my family, we are all over weight. Because of this i am absolutely clueless when it comes to shopping healthy foods. Any pointers to get me started?

2. Titus

Titus New Member

this isn't that hard. chicken breasts are a start.. veggies, how fucking hard is it for you to goto a store and buy healthy foods?

3. WiKiD

WiKiD U MAD?

I guess i know the basics like chicken and veggies. I am just lookin for ideas before i go spend 4 hours wandering around a grocery store.

4. Titus

Titus New Member

maybe those 4 hours of wandering around will help.. you obviously need to get off your ass more than you do. so get to it and go find some good foods to eat. it honestly isn't hard to eat healthy.

5. Mojo

Mojo New Member

6. brettD

brettD New Member

i thkink most people have a commen sense of what is healthy and what isnt
    like ahh carrots >fried buffalo wings

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

avocado + blender ftw

8. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

the same healthy foods that other people would buy for you

9. MSupply

MSupply New Member

Use the new food guide pyramid and pick things out that are a good compromise. Oviously youre not going to eat something that tastes like shit, so try to find something you like that does you some good.

Stuff i eat...

V8 juice, cottage cheese, tuna, lean chicken breast, turkey breast, pastas(lots), potatoes, corn, green beans, pb&j(good for bulking), peas, black beans, total cereal, apple and orange juice. Eat sandwiches on wheat and white bread and drink lotsa watta :)

10. niXon

niXon OT Supporter

Chicken Breasts, lean hamburger, lettuce, carrots, celery, salad, fruits, Flax Bread, lean sandwhich meat, brown rice, oatmeal, almonds, crystal lite, all bran cereal, tea, fat free yogurt, liquid egg whites, Ryvita or Wasa Bread, low fat miraclewhip, mustard, spaghetti sauce, pasta, natty peanut butter, sugar free jam, splenda, unsweetened apple sauce, fruitcups, etc. etc. etc.

11. TonyMontana

TonyMontana Black and Gold

:hsugh:

calm down buddy, hes just asking a question.

As a start, stop eating those fatty fillers all together. Chips, popcorn, sodapop, candybars. Save them all for when your a senior. I would start by buying some staples and a bunch boneless chicken breasts, cans of tuna, veggies, a lowfat dressing, whole wheat bread, Yogurt, Cottage cheese, etc. The list goes on and on.

12. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

just buy lots of beer and gravy. Its how teh Arnold got his muscles.

13. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

beer, hamburger patties, chicken thighs, lots and lots of soda, whole milk, do not get vegetables, not enough calories, and make damn sure you get alot of candy, oh and white bread, the thinnest kind you can find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.