SRS Out of no where, dropped dead.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chucklenut, Jul 28, 2007.

1. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

a man i knew for 4 years. His name was Frank. he was having lunch at starbucks. The people with him (betty, lionel) said he was laughing at a joke, and during his laughter he looked up at the roof, and then instantly collapsed on the ground. no warning. no nothing. he died instantly at 48 years old.

this is so unreal. people shouldnt die like this.

i knew the man, but not as well as others do. i knew him about as well as someone knows a person they saw at school every single day, hung out with every day at school, maybe 3 or 4 times outside of school. he was a nice man. very funny.

i do have a question however. ive yet to feel any feelings at all. before when someone i know has passed (all of them have been much more personal to me however) i would cry, and kind of lose myself for a couple days. with Frank i dont feel anything.

is this a problem?:hsd:

2. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

My best friend Josh died the same way a year after we graduated HS. We were at a hockey game, he went to buy a puck for his GF, and about 5 feet from our seats, he simply fell over and died. they tried to revive him, but the hockey arena was not properly equipped, and it took forever for the paramedics that were already there for the hockey players to get to us (about 7 minutes).

The hospital had no clue what happened or no explination, he just simply fell over and died. I still remember every single event of the entire day like it was yesterday, and it fucking haunts me.

3. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

hmm

well to be honest it doesnt sound that bad compared to some of the shit thats been happening recently.

id rather drop dead than get in a car accident, develop leukemia, or something else like that.

it's still sad though.

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

They shouldn't die like that?? Why NOT??? That sounds like an awesome way to go to me. I'm not being crass either....I'm totally serious!

The guy was laughing with friends and boom he gone. No lingering health problems, no accident, no pain, no large medical bills. Just laughing then gone. I love it!! The only part I don't love about it is his age.....he's far too young....but if I gotta go....I hope it'll be quickly like this.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with you I just don't think you were as close to him as you were those other people. It also might not have sunk in yet that he's dead.

I know when my grandmother passed away, I didn't cry much but we weren't very close. I tried to make myself cry because I thought I should be sad that she's gone....but I wasn't. I mean she lived to be 98 years old and was living in a nursing home and her quality of life had really taken a turn for the worse.....so death wasn't really a bad thing for her.

I dunno man...you feel what you feel. If you don't feel sad then you don't....nothing wrong about that.

Oh and I've also found myself being very happy when I heard the news that someone I knew passed away. These were not enemies nor people I disliked....they were good people. I just have a really strong belief in life after death. I see death more as a transition than "the end". I'm happy for my friends and believe they are in a better place than this world.

5. Menso

Menso New Member

This is pretty fucking scary?

Was an autopsy done? WHY did he die? I really am paranoid about this kind of shit.

:ugh:

6. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

I agree with the non-av above.

Autopsy? :wtf: happened?

Heart attack?

:hs:

7. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

Cootie you made a very good point....now that i think about it, to instantly die laughing sounds better than in my sleep.

8. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I agree strongly with cootie. Laughing is a very high value in my life and I feel it healths EVERYTHING. To die while laughing with friends would be high on my ways to leave this earth list. And as to why he died wouldn't concern me either. He left a happy man and thats all I could say. No need to analyze it any further.

That is my objective view sorry if I come off as a blatant non-caring asshole.

9. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I also agree with cootie. If you don't feel sad about it, then you probably weren't that close to him.

Sudden death while laughing would be an awesome way to go.

10. Potato2

Potato2 Money and the power

My uncle had a long bout with cancer and then died one night. He was just married a few months earlier, and it blew my mom away even though we were expecting it. I felt nothing. I had talked to this man, laughed with him, and yet still felt nothing. The only pain I felt was when I would look at my mom on the edge of tears and then burst out crying. I felt terrible, but only about that.

I guess my post was to say that I had a similar problem, and I have found the only answer is that you were not close enough (I do wish I had gotten to know my uncle a bit better).

11. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I've had aunts and uncles pass away. Didn't really feel anything and honestly I don't even remember which of them have passed on and which are still alive.

When my dog passed away, I cried for 3 days. Then I would tear up anytime I thought about him and still do sometimes 5 years later.

12. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

Cootie, death by laughing sounds good, but I raise you death during orgasm. :noes:

I suppose it would be a rather frightening experience for the other person(s) though. :o

13. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:rofl:

Well should could forever say she fucked the life right out of him!! Prolly best to wait till like the 10,000th date to bring that up with the new guy tho.