MMA out of curiousity.. has anyone used diuretics for weight cutting?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by chechen, Apr 19, 2009.

1. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

Is this a good method? seems a lot easier to pee everything out instead of sweating it out..

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

"This discussion would not be complete without mentioning diuretics and laxatives. Personally as foolish as cutting weight already is the addition of diuretic and laxative medications is ludicrous. Their effectives are extremely hard to predict and regulate to one strategic portion of the day, so most likely they will be a detrimental effect on your day of competition rather than a beneficial one for cutting weight. They are potentially life threatening and effect much more sudden changes than the methods described above. For these reasons they are also illegal in most amateur competitions. I do not use them and strongly recommend anyone from doing so."

that bad?

3. chungalunga

chungalunga New Member

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

still gotta sweat though, just no way around it. diuretics only make ya piss so much, you're not talking pounds in a day or two, your talking pounds in a few weeks

5. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

hey your unbanned!

6. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

like pill form diuretics or natural diuretics? i used to eat a lot of asparagrus when i did wrestling to keep my weight low, tasted like shit and had me peeing every 5 minutes

7. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

:wavey:

took them at 9 days out, and stopped taking them the day before i (fasted food and water/used the sauna). i thought they worked great.
    its more than just peeing, it encourages your body to evaporate more liquid that it would usually just retain.

i've always felt (personally) that thermogenics encourage me to pee alot more than any other supplement ive ever taken. my metabolism is already high and thermogenics kickstart that into warp speed so im expelling food/water like 15-30minutes later.

8. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

Never have, never will.

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I have done it a few times and know a lot of people that have and had good results. What you need to get is magnesium citrate. Its the best o ver the counter alternative and works as well as the prescription stuff. As far as you using it dont do anything they say on the internet. Buy the over the counter stuff and then go ask the pharmacist how to use it and they will tell you. Tell them that you are emptying your bowels for surgery or that your going in for a colonoscapy and thats why you need to empty your bowels. They will then walk you through the whole process. From there before you event I would give it a practice run and see how it goes for you.