OTOP: need advice on flowers

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Pancho Villa, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Pancho Villa

Pancho Villa OT Supporter

So I've known this girl for a few weeks now and we've been very good friends since. I really like her and I actually told her yesterday how I feel but her answer was a bit confusing. She said that she doesn't know if she is ready because she broke up with her last BF about a year or so ago and blah blah. Anyway I asked her to think about it and she said she would.

Now I want to send her a nice flower arrangement with a note asking her for an answer, but I don't know what to send her.

Help! link me to some nice flower arrangements so I can have them deliver to her work. :x:

or should I even try does it sound like a lost cause?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Stop trying so hard.

I'm not ready to date=I'm not ready to date you.

Buying her flowers isn't going to make her change her mind :rolleyes: If you want to get her attention don't talk to her for a few weeks and see if she starts calling you.

3. Pancho Villa

going to be hard not to see her since we hang out all the time, but yeah maybe I'll just leave her alone and see what happens. :noes:

4. iwishyouwerebeer

If you guys "hang out all the time" sounds like you are just her friend.

5. fray

fray New Member

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

"I'm not ready to date" means "I'm not ready to date YOU". I had someone give me the "I don't think I'm ready to be in a relationship" line during my senior year of college. Guess what happened? A week later, she was with a guy, in a relationship. I stupidly got mad at her and thought that she had been trying to mess with me.

Between that and hanging out with you all the time, it's safe to say she is not interested in you romantically. Sending flowers is a stupid idea. It says "If you change your mind, I'll give you these..." It's trying to bribe her.

7. Pancho Villa

we are which is why I just wanted to keep my mouth shut, but I cant control what I feel so I had to tell her. I actually feel better now that she knows.

We usually get very touchy after a few drinks which is why I thought that I had a chance, but I guess she wasn't looking in that direction as I was.

8. Pancho Villa

Thanks OT for the good advice. Looks like I'll be buying a radiator for my weekend toy instead :big grin:

9. iwishyouwerebeer

Most people get touchy and flirty after a few drinks, I'm sure I do with my guy friends as well :dunno: I'm not saying you two getting together one day couldn't happen. I don't know the girl obviously, but these things have happened. However, if she just told you recently that she doesn't want to date you she's not going to change her mind any time soon, no matter what flowers you buy her or what you say.

You should never have to convince someone to want to be with you, they should want to be with you themselves. This is why I think you would benefit from distancing yourself fom her for a while. I know you don't want to lose her as a friend, but right now you are seeing her as more than a friend and it could get uncomfortable. Giving her and yourself space from one another could make her realize if she misses you or does feel something for you....or the time apart could help you realize it's never going to happen so you could get over her-so you can later be actual true friends.

10. Pancho Villa

Yeah the problem is that she is part of my group of friends, so if I don't invite her my other friends will. Usually when we hang out all in a group we sorta split and talk because we both have lots of things in common so we just understand each other perfectly. Again this probably turned me away from the friends relationship but its something I cant control. I guess she will just be my friend then.
    Actually I don't think it will get weird now that she knows. We were even talking about going to the lake this weekend. I dont know maybe I fucked up by telling her and it will screw up our friendship, but I had to do it anyway.

11. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Yes, please learn from this. There is no reason to TELL a girl friend how you feel, SHOW her. Telling someone "so yeah I like you and I want to be more than friends" is just awkward and weird, even if she feels the same way. If you flirted a lot when drinking then you should have tried to take things further by stepping up the flirting and then kissing her at some point. The relationship talk comes after you have been casually dating for a little while when you want to move things farther.

And please for the love of god, don't ever think of giving a girl flowers in a situation like this. Flowers are something you give to someone who is already your gf, not something you use to try to convince someone to like you. All flowers would do is kill any little chance you may have of ever hooking up with her.

12. lauren

lauren Active Member

personally? i like lillys and daisies.

since thats what you were asking about....

13. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

cheers

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

flowers before sex is a bad idea 99% of the time

15. Vysion

Vysion New Member

You've already failed by "telling her your feelings"... :ugh:

Sending her flowers isn't going to get her to like you. It will give her the instant ew feeling.

If you were getting touchy after drinks you should have been making sexual advances then. Making out is the first advance, and then trying to escalate it into sex.

Because you never made a move, she sees you as just a friend.

16. MrMakaveli

MrMakaveli Loyal to the game

bingo bango.

/thread

17. opie

opie hi. OT Supporter

Abort on the flowers, save that for when you fuck her friend and she finds out.

Girls like it when you ignore them, so go ahead and be a dick, you should be in her pants in no time!

Good luck Amigo.

18. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

Send Stargazer lilys to her w/o a card. dont admit to sending them...

See how it plays out. then again im one for mind games and fucking with peoples minds so this might not work for you. I dont know if your any good at keeping a "poker face" about things when your trying to win. Yes win beacause all dating/fucking/hooking up is is a game and the point is to win. winning is just getting what you want.