Other influences of why not losing weight?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by chemicalviper, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chemicalviper

chemicalviper OT Supporter

Start date: January 15th
    Today's date: Febuary 23rd
    Cheat meals: 1 every 14 days.

Start Weight: 265
    Current Weight 258

------------------

Workout regimine: Workout 7 days a week, cardio everyday (changing from HIIT to Long duration Low intensity walks (max incline, moderate walk))
    Time: Minimum 45 minutes, weight+cardio 1.5h half.
    3-4 Days a week doing weight training, I know its working because I am in pain and seem some progress.

-------------------

Diet: calorie counting, figured my metabolic rate, after 2 weeks figured I might be doing something wrong, lowered intake of calories down 200-300. Eat 6 times a day, tapered meals, big in morning to light meal at end. The 3 other meals are just 100-150 calorie meals (protein bar, or grapes). Nowhere near starvation mode or anything like that. I was eating 3200-3500 calories a day prediet, now I am in the low-mid 2s, occassionally high 1k

-------------------

Cliff question: I worked out everyday from the 15th, completely changed my eating habits (3 huge meals with reg sodas to no soda, no cheese, and 6 smaller meals). And I am seeing very little results, in the overall weight loss. I am sure I gained some muscle mass. Its gotten so bad I am thinking of reducing my lifting time down to 2 days, and focusing mainly on cardio.

-------------------

The real question: Is there a test I should go get checked out relating maybe to my metabolism, or maybe Thyroid? I know I am on track, but something isn't right.

2. chemicalviper

Would the fact I workout at night 8:30-10pm have anything todo with this? :wtc: I am getting very discouraged.

3. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

what's your macro breakdown of your diet?

4. snapstylez

snapstylez Aleinn Á Ný

Have you gotten stronger?

You've lost about a pound a week, thats pretty healthy. If you were supplementing with stimulants then you would probably expect greater results but hang in there bro, it takes awhile for meaningful changes.

Think about it this way, what you are doing right now as far as habits and diet is probably so different from what you've done your whole life. These types of habits lead to a more fulfilling lifestyle because you know you have one area of your life in check.

Results come, keep working, don't give up.

5. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

have you been taking measurments or just using the scale. the scale wont pick up on recomp

6. synthetic

synthetic New Member

more muscle mass = more fat burning.. are you just trying to lose weight... no im sure you want to lose fat more than weight. Losing fat slower is more productive in keeping it off in the long term

7. jtrem

jtrem Active Member

Read the stickies especially the BodyBuilder one and that should show you why the foot you are eating is not the food you SHOULD be eating.

8. chemicalviper

o fuuuuuuuuu I will post when I get home

Thanks, just discouraging, because I see my wife, doing same thing I am and its falling off like crazy. Shes down 12 lbs :eek3:.

To answer I have gotten stronger, nothing crazy though.

Agreed. Didnt do measurements, pants fit the same :rofl: I am taking pictures every 3 days though. Most change is in face and stomach, not by much.

Trying to lose weight, obviously would want as much fat more than anything. But I have big shoulders, most people can't believe I am in my 260s when I tell them, I look to be int he 225-230 range. I just want to fit in medium and large shirts again :wtc:

9. chemicalviper

wat. I am following a similiar plan to p90x food. Prot/carb/fat 50-60%/30%/10-15%

10. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

post your macros and just keep at it and work hard. i wouldn't be too discouraged about 7 pounds in one month.

11. Juan Valdez

Juan Valdez Finest Cofee in the world

If you are seriously conncerned about your thyroid or metabolism see an endocronologist they should be able to get some tests ran. Also, fat loss is a long term goal if you are taking pics every 3 days you are going to get discouraged. Don't listen to infomercials and think that you can drop 11ty lbs in three weeks. Think in terms of 6 months.

12. chemicalviper

Only doing the 3 day pics thing because want to look back over the past 6-10 months and see the slight changes :dunno:

13. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

What is your macro breakdown? your wife could have lost 12lbs with a good deal of water as well when the diet first started. I lose almost 8lbs when I first start cutting just because the amount of sodium drops so drastically and I lose alot of bloat.

Big shoulders means you are probably not going to be fitting into a medium shirt, i'm not exactly sure why you would want to. Stick to large, unless you are one of those people that likes shirts to look like they are squeezing you.

Like other people said, you've only been at this just over a month, don't get discouraged. It takes times to diet and its not something that will happen overnight. Post a normal day's diet in this thread so that people can check it and help you. Without having specifics other than a general calorie total there isn't much people can do. What is your meal timing like, what time of day do you work out, are you using any stims at all? these are all questions that need to be addressed before you freak. Give it a little more time and if there really is something not working, then i'd get your thyroid checked by an endocrinologist. That shit's not cheap though

14. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

why the fuck would you want to be able to fit into a size medium shirt again? who wants to be that small?

15. chemicalviper

dont take shit so literal, cool down. Get off the roids :rofl:

16. Hallock

Hallock New Member

Maybe you need an off day or two. I think it's hard for your body to go gung-ho seven days a week for a month and a half.

17. The Great Deceiver

The Great Deceiver 21st Century Schizoid Man

iCe Active Member

7lbs in a month sounds about right :confused:

19. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

sounds fine to me. stop being a faggot.

20. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

you really need to be careful how you talk about me on the forum, i dont appreciate it. tone down the disrespect, i dont know where you're from but where i am from, we dont tolerate that. dont even reply to this, just keep your mouth shut. consider yourself warned.

21. chemicalviper

:rofl: :ughug:

22. patt

patt New Member

do it the african way
    dont eat

23. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

See an endo, get tested

24. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Because he's lost 7lbs in a month? Waste of money, give it time first...

25. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

This.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.