GUN Other countries with 'Castle Doctrines'

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 1, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Was just reading Israel has there own Castle Doctrine, anyone know of any other countries where you can defend yourself with a gun and not be arrested? Pretty sure most of Western Europe is out, maybe some E. European countries?

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3559940,00.html
    New law allows homeowners to shoot burglars

Legislation absolving homeowners from criminal responsibility approved by large majority

The Knesset approved Tuesday evening a new law that allows homeowners to shoot burglars without facing criminal charges. The new legislation, known as the "Dromi Law," was introduced following the case of southern farmer Shai Dromi who shot and killed a Bedouin who broke into his farm.

A total of 44 Knesset members voted in favor of the new law while only seven MKs voted against it.

According to the new legislation, a person will be absolved of criminal responsibility for "an act that was urgently needed in order to fight off someone who burglarizes or enters a residential home, business, or fenced agricultural plot…with the intention of committing an offence…"

'Death penalty for property offences'
    However, the legislation will not be applied should the act in question be "wholly unreasonable in light of the circumstances of the case."

"We're talking about a historic day," said Knesset Member Yisrael Katz, who introduced the legislation. "I'm convinced that the new law will boost deterrence and improve personal safety. The government and other bodies dealing with this matter should embark on a wide-scale campaign to explain the change in the legal status to the public."

"I'm sure that after several cases where the burglars see that reality is changing, we'll see a dramatic decline in the scope of burglaries and a fundamental change in the level of personal safety," Katz said.

However, not all Knesset members shared Katz's view. MK Zahava Gal-On (Meretz) said that "burglars are criminals, but citizens cannot execute burglars…it is unthinkable to have property rights surpass the right to life. Israel will become the only country that imposes the death penalty for property offences."

2. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

the last statement there is funny

and strangely left wing in a country under siege

3. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Oh those Bedouins....

4. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

Guess there aren't many Jews in Texas. :big grin:

To me it's much more unthinkable that a criminal's rights surpass victim's rights.

5. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

I'm probably wrong about this, but I vaguely remember hearing about Canada having Castle Doctrine in the sense that we don't have to retreat and can (in theory, because canadian judges are fucking faggots) defend ourselves: as previously stated, the problem is our judges are retarded and will basically send otherwise innocent, law-abiding canadians to pound-me-in-the-ass penitentiary... because we have to be completely defenseless.

Like I said, I'm probably wrong and we don't really have C.D.