Other basic necessities besides protein and fish oil? Xtend?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by andrey, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrey

andrey New Member

I've never been much of supplement guy - only take protein and fish oil. Lately, I've even dropped the protein powder because it feels like it hasn't really made much of a difference.

I've noticed Xtend seems to be getting mentioned often. Is it something worth trying? What else are you guys using that seems to working (besides creatine and EC)?

2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

:rofl:
    One guy makes a comment and suddenly we have a new hotness.

3. andrey

andrey New Member

Although it's true that 1Fast400's comments in the previous thread spurred this, the supplement name has been thrown around for a while now.

4. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:ugh: BCAAs have been around and I've taken them for awhile.

5. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Oh I've had xtend multiple times. But there hasn't been a thread about it in months, then 1fast makes a thread glorifying them and suddenly people are into it.

6. deznutz

deznutz New Member

I've been taking Xtend for a long time and after this tub is done, i'm going to stop taking it and look for any changes.

A good multi-vitamin and a whey protein isolate is all you really need.

7. andrey

andrey New Member

Like to hear more opinions

8. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

Damn I had no idea I had such an effect haha. Right now the best deal is to buy BCAA's off 1fast400. A kilo is on sale for 27 bucks. Just get some crystal light sticks and find a way to flavor it so it's drinkable. BCAA's taste like ass.

My point in the previous thead was about what you can get from food (protein) vs supplements. At the end of the day I believe protein intake is about total consumption in 24h. Keep it where you need it and for 95% of people, the source won't matter. Getting free form amino's is a different ball game, you can't get that from a food source when working out.

The only protein powder I'd ever use is a TRUE mrp. Something along the lines of syntha-6. Yes, I'm working on my own which I know is better, but it's a PIA to manufacture. Don't just go out and buy something because I made a comment about it. Make sure it fits what you need and what your goals are. To me, xtend is best used when on restricted calories and trying to cut up. Would I use it when bulking, not unless you had plenty of cash. If on a budget, no I wouldn't.

9. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

i took xtend for a while. then i stopped taking it. i noticed no difference in recovery while taking it or when i stopped taking it.

i actually notice a difference in recovery when i dont take whey powder after training

10. SmartPowders

SmartPowders New Member

Xtend isn't about recovery. If you're not on reduced calories you're going to see the real benefit of it. I can't stress enough that it is a production meant for:

A) People that overtrain
    B) Reduced calorie diets aimed at fat loss
    C) Any high level athlete

If you're average guy, working out 3-4x per week, eating randomly and not focused on your diet/training, it won't work. BCAA's have 24089 studies showing their effective. All xtend did was make them taste/mix well and threw in some other goodies.

11. ralyks

ralyks New Member

This. It does make a big difference in workouts when on a restricted calorie diet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.