COMIC OTCC, help please.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by pixie, Oct 26, 2009.

1. pixie

pixie on one wild ride :naughty:

I posted a while ago (couple years now, still makes me :wtc: ) about how my storage unit was broken into and the portion of my collection that was there was stolen. I've got a good idea on what the time frame for those comics was, but am afraid I am missing stuff that might have been out in that time frame. I did have the box with all the mini series stuff in it in my house, so I think I have all of those, but I'm worried that if there was a series that was supposed to be ongoing, but ended up cancelled and was entirely in that time frame I might be missing it. So can I poke your memories for anything that might fit that criteria?

The comics that were stored there were from the begining of 1999 to the end of 2005. My collection is mostly DC and Marvel, mostly mainstream stuff, and more DC that Marvel. I am getting almost 50 titles a month now, and it was probably about that (maybe more the way things are right now) at the time as well. Hence my fear I might miss something.

2. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

3. pixie

Does that listing have a way to sort by date? Bookmarking anyhow, but I certainly don't need the 1938 stuffs ;)

4. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

Unfortunately it doesn't. Here's another site: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Comics:Contents

You can view the comics published by year. The only thing is you'd have to recognize the title, since it doesn't distinguish by type of series, and numbers each one individually. For example, the mini-series Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood is listed like this:

Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood Vol 1 1
    Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood Vol 1 2
    Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood Vol 1 3
    Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood Vol 1 4 etc.

5. pixie

Ooooh, that is the kinda thing I was looking for. :)

Thanks DD, I'll tell Richards you were helpful lol

6. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

fuck me that's enough to make me wanna cry. i lost a box once to a rat (or family of rats) in a storage facility. lesson learned... my boxes never leave my living room now, even then i peak in every once in a while to make sure nothing is trying to destroy my collection.

7. pixie

Yeah, I'm at over 2 thousand gone, almost 3. It makes me sick. I'm sure by the time I'm finished it'll be over 3, and I'll remember stuff years from now.

8. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

:hug: