COMIC OTCC - Dallas Crew

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by void, Jan 10, 2008.

1. void

void oh yeah?

Anyone want to go to the Dallas Con with me? I'm going to be there for sure on saturday, maybe sunday.

I just want to get in line and get a Terry Moore commission :o

I have no idea who I want it done one, I've already got 2 badass con sketches of emma frost, so I'd like someone else. Any suggestions?

2. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

3. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

go wait in line for me and get a punisher done. then proceed to send it to me for funds

4. void

void oh yeah?

YES!

i totally forgot about her...

5. void

void oh yeah?

you want terry moore....soft, cute, and cuddlely terry moore to do a punisher commission for me?

now tim bradstreet is going to be there too (the current punisher max cover artist). i'm going to go stand with a boner by his booth and see if i can buy something for less then $100 :hsd:

6. Nader_D

:rofl: why not?

but if tim bradstreet is there, and i lived in dallas, i would be waiting with a boner the entire time in his line. Ive sorta started to get timberwolf to do a sketch/drawing of the punisher for me :hs:

7. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

:eek3:

Timberwolf the fellow OTCC'er, asian Mini-Hulk and Mod of F&N, kinda timberwolf? Seriously? :noes:

8. void

void oh yeah?

i've narrowed it down to either laura (x23), gwen stacy, or just stick with a katchoo or francine.

shit, now i dunno :hs:

9. Nader_D

yeah that timberwolf! he sent me a few pics of his work and i must say its top fucking notch.

[​IMG]

he also linked me a cover he is using. cant find it right now.

10. Nader_D

I have a question...

when you say comission a picture what do you mean? also if a site says that the artist takes comissions, what does tha tmean? ie: what im hoping tibmer will do?

11. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

It's basically a "request" from the artist to draw something you want.

Nader, that shit looks awesome man. Timberwolf should get into drawing comics. I'd want to see him bursting in the DC/Marvel offices demanding the editor in chief. People'd shit themselves :mamoru:

void, go for Laura :bigthumb:
    My second favourite female character of all time :o

12. void

void oh yeah?

the artist will show up at his booth, depends on how popular he/she is, but there's usually a line already for the popular ones. they'll take a list of commission work for the day/weekend. commissions sound exactly like it is, I pay the artist (usually handsomely :hs: ) to draw something for me.

13. Nader_D

i just emailed comiconart.com for 2 pieces :hs:

[​IMG]
    by Walter Geovani

&

[​IMG]
    by Jose Luis

:hs:

$45 for the batman and i emailed about prices for the Marv one, wasnt sure how much it will be :hs:

14. Nader_D

Dude, after he sent me stuff he's done, i was shocked....pretty much throw any stereotype i ever had for brolly dudes out the window. ALl i do now is picture him when he snaps a pencil in his hand and goes SSJ3 :rofl:

Back to commisions, at con's do the artist set prices? do you give them what you feel is reasonable for the work? how does it work that way?

15. DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Doom always keeps his word. OT Supporter

One thing to consider is that Terry won't be selling any SiP original art for the foreseeable future (according to his blog). So maybe choose Katchoo or Francine if you really like them. I just started reading SiP, so I have to really catch up. I'm interested in his new comic coming out called "Echo."

Pretty much the artist sets the price. They'll probably have a little paper with their prices, but may go higher depending on how complicated the thing you ask for is. I'd say they're at least $100, probably more depending on how famous/good they are. Of course, they'll take their time on commissions, they won't just be 5 minute sketches. Some might ink and color them too.

16. Nader_D

Oh cool

Ottawa has a mini comic-con at the end of the summer. A few guys were there doing some drawings and stuff like that but i just walked past and didnt even bother looking :o

Toronto has a massive comic-con that I may goto this year. cant remember its name right now, but its where my buddy got an Alice Cooper picture signed for me, Jim Lee was there one year and a few other big named guys :hsd:

But those 2 pics above i posted in this thread, im so friggin close to buying those :o

17. Nader_D

$57 for the batman pic above shipped to canada...think im gonna get my first sketch!

unforunately the marv pic was sold :wtc:

18. void

void oh yeah?

I got there right as terry and his wife showed up and put my name on his sketch list. I got a REALLY nice sketch of katchoo. I also picked up an inked sketch of emma frost from cal slayton, he draws with josh Howard on [email protected] I also picked up the Invincible Vol 1 omnibus for $65 and BOTH oversized hardcovers of the absolute editios of alan moore's Leauge of Extraordinary Gentlemen for 40 freakin bucks. Each of those sells for like $100 on ebay. Spent like $200 but man I got some good stuff.

I saw ray parks (darth maul) and Shawnee smith (amanda from saw). Talked to Tim Bradstreet and terry Moore for a bit. A lot of fun.

19. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Did you touch Ray Parks head? I would've :o
    The devil has blessed that man's head.

20. void

void oh yeah?

dude is super short. Later the ghostbusters showed up, like 6 of them in full costume and two hot chicks in ghostbusters getups. I saw stormtroopers, rebel alliance soliders, snake eyes, scarecrow, and iceman.

21. DoctorDoom

What was the cut off number for sketches from Terry? Price? Was he taking commissions too?

Did you get the omnibus and hardcovers from the same booth? Was he just trying to get rid of them, overstock perhaps?

Oh, and pics of your stuff/adventure :x:

22. Nader_D

i expect pics asap

23. void

void oh yeah?

i forgot my camera, i was so pissed. only pic i snapped on my iphone was of tim bradstreet and it wasn't very good with that shitty cam.

and i can't take pics right now since i'm in the middle of moving and my computer is 200 miles away...if it wasn't for my iphone i would have even posted this.

oh and i'm guessing the hardcovers were last of stock or returned items...they were both shrikwraped, and their's no damage to either. i love getting these kickass deals at conventions.

i'll snap some pics of my swag/sketches and see if i can use my buddies laptop :hsd:

24. DoctorDoom

How much was the Terry Moore sketch? How complete was it? Like a head shot, or full figure?

No worries, take your time. I've been meaning to take some pics of some random stuff I got (myself) for Christmas. I either get too lazy or can't find the camera.

25. void

void oh yeah?

oh sorry, i thought i missed something. it was $50 and it was on a 11x14 bristol board. it was the top half of katchoo that took up pretty much the entire center of the paper.