OT, wtf is wrong with my dvd burner.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lowfat, Sep 16, 2004.

1. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I just bought a LG dual layer burner. And am having difficulties burning dvd's. Out of the 15 dvd's i've tried to burn (all data discs) 6 have failed. Nero just stops during the middle of the burning. I've also tried just copying files to the dvd drive using windows however it never works either. All the dvds i am burning are just cheap 4X regular dvd's. Any help would be appreciated.

Also is there any way to get nero to to a simulation first. it wont let me check the box

2. The Bastard

The Bastard Guest

To simulate, you can do one of two things. Burn into an ISO .nrg or check the little box that says simulation.

Try good media, RiData or comparable brands. Nero can be spastic about media compatability.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Yep, some drives are picky about media. I'm sure you can go to dvdrhelp.com and take a look at their reivews and media list.

What kind of error if any does Nero give when the writing fails?

You can always try a different burning program. I personally have not had too much good luck using Nero and I rarely use it anymore.

4. Mikey D

Mikey D New Member

What version of Nero are you at? Make sure you're up to date with updates/patches for Nero.

I saw a post the other day about something with the base Nero 6 being glitchy.

5. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

its the most updated nero, i also tried a different program and it did the same thing twice.

ther error it gets is nothing, it just stays @ the same percentage for 30 minutes.