OT workout gurus, got a question...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Triggaman, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triggaman

Triggaman New Member

Now, I lift weights almost everyday now, but I also play alot of tennis. My question is, if i lift weights (say for my biceps and triceps), then later on in the day go play tennis, (I am number one player for my school), is it pointless to work out because I am losing weight while playing tennis? Or should playing tennis not effect my workouts? Is there any way to get around this because i play tennis almost every other day as well... thanks guys.

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

eat more

3. Triggaman

Triggaman New Member

That is what I was guessing, but does tennis really put a stunt on my growth? Or should I just eat more and everything should be fine?

4. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

depends on what your goals are imo. as an in season tennis player i can't imagine you'd want to be bulking up (not a real fattening bulk) so figure out ur maintenance calories, including what ur burning for tennis, and eat that.

if you're out of season, eat like a motherfucker, cut back on the tennis. you'll be fine as long as ur eatting surplus calories.

5. Rummy

Rummy "bored and extremely dangerous"

if I was up your ass you'd know where I was
    Yeah just eat and experiment. If you're not making gains in strength/size you should just eat more

6. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

count your cals www.fitday.com and experiment with how many you're eating. playing tennis is gonna burn alot more calories so you're gonna need to eat more to compensate.

7. Triggaman

Triggaman New Member

Thanks for the input guys, but I have a question. Is eating alot really that important for weight gaining? Can someone give me an explanation why? So the more I eat, the more nutrition I have for my body to recover faster? I am taking nitro-tech right now, drink that twice a day. And also eat alot of chicken and Protein bars (30g) I am trying to make this an everyday habit now.

8. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

eating more is the ONLY thing that is important for weight gain. Eat more calories than your body needs and you gain weight, eat less and you lose weight. It's really that simple. And if you want some of that weight gain to be muscle, you might want to lift heavy shit too :big grin:

9. Triggaman

Triggaman New Member

Hah... I am sorry about that, I meant is eating alot that important for building muscle?

10. Triggaman

Triggaman New Member

I just finished my season, but I still play regularly. So eating alot more will help me develop much mass and muscle correct? (Given I lift every other day).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.