OT What should i DO??

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Ryguy0097, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Ryguy0097

Ryguy0097 New Member

Here is my situation….I am 18 almost 19 and have had a girlfriend for the past year. She was my first serious relationship and at first I thought she was the greatest thing in the world. I didn’t want to do anything but be with her. At first all we did everyday was hangout with each other and I was cool with that but after around 7 months or so I was starting to get a little bored and miss my friends a lot. Whenever I would want to hang out with my friends she would get so upset and make me feel bad and then most of the time I wouldn’t end up hanging out with them. I tried talking to her about this all the time but she just wouldn’t understand that we needed to have different things in our life expect each other. She was fine spending 100% of her time with me but I wasn’t ok with that. I mean I’m only 18 I don’t want to be in that serious of a relationship. Well as time progressed we both started to become unhappy with our relationship because I was not happy which made her not happy and then finally around a month ago we broke it off. I wasn’t really that upset when we broke up because I felt so free and I was leaving to go out of town for the next 3 weeks anyway. I tried to not talk to her when I was away but I couldn’t resist calling her we had been so close over the past year that it was just really had to end a relationship like that. Well when I got back to town she was still in love with me and wants to have a relationship really bad. That’s really all she wants and she is upset that were not together. Although I am scared at times I miss her a lot but other time I don’t want anything to do with her. She said she would change and our relationship would be completely different than what it was but I am scared that I am going to get into a relationship with her again and it will just become the same thing. Do you guys think I should move on or do you think I should give her and this relationship another chance? I still have feelings for her but the more and more she hangs out with other guys and the less she talks to me the more I am starting to grow away form her. Since this is my first serious relationship I think that it is going to be a lot harder to leave her but I am not sure...I just dont know what to do..sry for the long post

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

OK, first off, paragraphs are your friend. Second of all, it doesn't matter how serious of a relationship you are in, there is no way that you can justify a relationship that is 100% about each other. Spending all your time with each other is not healthy. EVen married couples need to have their own lives, hobbies, friends, and interests.

If you guys miss each other, I'd suggest giving it a trial period. Make sure that she knows that you are not really committing to anything, just trying it out again to see if it could be better. If she continues with her old behavior, end it. If she does actually change, take it slowly and see where it goes.

If you two do get back together and stay together for awhile, don't be afraid to encourage her to have a night out with her friends once in awhile. You could also use starting college as a way to work on having time apart, since you WILL need time to yourself sometimes to get things done.