OT: Website Design Crew

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sushtsi, Apr 29, 2009.

1. sushtsi

sushtsi OT Supporter

Hey guys,

Have my Car Dealership and we are looking at website options. Our current Host sucks and over the past weekend they have had our site down, then put back up an old version (9 months old) since they have no recent backups (tons of changes were lost).

Basically, Autotrader in Canada has partnered with Dealer.com to do websites. To have our website hosted by them, inventory integrated with Autotrader so we do not have to enter it twice, have the site built, unlimited pages/changes done through an online webapp, 10 email addresses etc. is going to work out a bit over $25000/Year. I have not really looked into how much some baller sites cost to build etc, any ideas? The cost seems a bit much to me... but that is probably because we only paid $2000 for it to be built, and $450/year for hosting/support.

Our current site which is epic fail http://autodome.ca

Example of a Dealer.com built site http://phaetonauto.com

Keep in mind we specialize in pre-owned Minivan's & Suv's, so some uber exotic site wont cater towards our customers.

2. jvblackxj

jvblackxj VW4Life

if you paid to have the site built, unless the contract states otherwise, the website is yours. Ask for a copy of the Website on CD. Also ask for Documentation on any data stores that are being used as well as any site specific configuration files. Take that to another, more reliable host and host it there. The site will not need to be re-written. Ther may be some minor changes that need to take place, but for the majority it should work as is. The hard part is the database, if any, will need to work on the new host. If your data is held in files, it should be a simple move from one host to the other.

3. rawko

rawko OT Supporter

Higher a designer from 99designs.com, pay someone $300 to impliment it, pay 25 a month for hosting