*OT Trance Crew*, I need some help

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Crypto82, May 27, 2005.

1. Crypto82

Crypto82 "Aahh shes built like a Steakhouse but she handles

I am 17 and I love trance, I have some great ideas for some tracks. I am wondering what kind of equippment will i need for starters (type, brand and cost, etc.), and how much I am I looking to spend if I want to mix. I hope you guys can help :x:

2. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

If you want to mix buy nothing but technics. Everything else is crap. Yes, they are more money but it will be worth it in the long run because you will probably never have to buy another set of tables again or atleast a good 10 years. As far as a mixer it is not really important to have a great mixer to begin with. I would suggest Behringer. You can get a very good mixer for under a $100.

As far as producing I would suggest getting a Korg of sometype and then a program such as Reason, Live, or Acid. Reason is my suggestion. I also would suggest looking into a Waldorg keyboard. They have some great sounds for trance. I would also invest in a midi controller for your PC.

Another suggestion is to stay away from trance. It is a dying genre of electronic music in my opinion. Here in KC their hasnt been a trance DJ booked for a club or party in a couple of years and I dont see it ever happening again. But that is just my opinion I am a house and jungle head.

If you have anymore questions, post them. I can give you some suggestions. I am sure their are others with suggestions.

Another tip is to go to a local music store and mess with some of the different synths and keyboards to see what you like.

3. Crypto82

Crypto82 "Aahh shes built like a Steakhouse but she handles

thx so much that info was a big help :)

4. Gutrat

Gutrat "GET DOWN..."

trance is not dying fool --- it has just begun.

wait -- this post was 2 years ago... and guess what you were wrong. Trance has become a huge.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Are you kidding? All the good trance/techno/trip-hop I've ever heard was from 2001 or earlier. Underworld, Aphex Twin, Chicane, Crystal Method, Future Sound of London, Juno, Reactor, Moby, Orbital...all their good shit was from the last century.

6. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

Anyone say Armin Van Buuren?

7. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

Half that shit isn't even trance, retard.:ugh: