SRS OT...Talk me out of this

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Chickenbum, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Chickenbum

Chickenbum TOTW Winnar & Fav '06 ;)

Guys

its been a month since my gf broke up with me and i really fucking miss her. She is over it at her end and i am over it but i miss her as a person...i really want to call her to talk but i know she just doesnt care.

She dismissed me like i was someone she met earlier that day and that hurts.

I know its time to get on with my own life...maybe i just came here to vent. Im sure you all know what im going through.

2. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

dont call her, no good will come from it.

3. jones21

jones21 Uranium Member

you're clearly not over it and soud like you're going to be depressed for a long time. Do not call her though. She's not going to get back with you and you'll just make yourself look weak and needy. You have to keep your mind off her and maybe find a temporary fuck buddy who can make that "sick" feeling in your gut go away

4. arseclown

arseclown Guest

just go out and slap some lebos and put a couple shrimps on the barbie. install some sick subwoofas in your skyline, mate.

in other words, do things to take your mind off her.

5. Chickenbum

you guys are spot on, no good would come out of it and i wouldnt hear what i wanted to hear.

cheers OT

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You cannot be friends with her until you are over her. I know you say you are...but I'm willing to bet anything if you got together "as friends" you'd miss her all over again. You need time to be alone and get over her. Move on and then try to be her friend.

7. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

99% possibility you'll never be able to be friends with her you'll always have those feelings there for her even after you move on something will always be there in the back of your mind, best bet is to move on and forget about her

8. iwishyouwerebeer

I disagree. I am friends with a lot of my ex boyfriends, some of which I had really intense relationships with. I took a few months to myself to get over them and then once I had moved on felt fine being friends with them. Shit, two of my best friends are guys I dated.

9. borazhasleftthebuilding

borazhasleftthebuilding Lets Party OT Supporter

and realize it wasnt what you thought it was

10. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

meh its different for guys I think...trust me your two best friends wouldn't think twice at the chance to get back with you don't believe that bullshit "she's like my sister" :hsugh: Men have a different mindset than women do.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

One of them left me for his ex who he now lives with. The other :dunno: maybe he would try to get with me if I was single, but that's not my problem and nothing I'm worried about. For now we are great friends and there's no weird tension.

12. Pringles

Pringles New Member

thats the female mentality right there. Your not worried about it. So the guy that used to get emotions/sex from now can't. You look at it as not your problem, but look at it from the OP stand point. Apparently it is a problem...

13. iwishyouwerebeer

Yeah....my friend really doesn't have feelings for me like that anymore, it was a long time ago & not the point of this thread. As I said to the OP earlier he cannot be friends with her right now, he needs to get over her.

14. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

You're just an exception. There's an exception to everything, and you happen to be it. Just because you may be friends with old bfs, doesn't mean most people are. In fact, it's the opposite. Most people are unable to become friends after a long relationship.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

Did he ever say how long they were together? What if they were together like 3 months?

I realize not everyone can be friends with their ex's. And it is definitely harder and more far fetched if it was a long and very loving relationship

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That's totally normal.

I agree with what everyone else said:

You guys cannot be friends, at least not for a long, long time. Your old feelings will come back and you know that's the case.

Cut off all communication with her.

17. Chickenbum

we were together for 3 years

as much as i hate to say it, i dont want to be friends with her, i dont wanna hear how successful she is, how good looking she is and how many new friends she has, simply put im jealous and i dont want to know how good her life is. I still love her, or maybe just love the thought of her, its gonna take a while tho..

18. Hops

Hops OT Supporter

DO NOT CALL HER...i'm in the same position, my girlfriend of 10 years left me and all I wanted to do was talk to her, I did, found out she is already seeing someone else, and that just made the pain 10 times worse.