GUN OT: Possibly moving to Orange County, need some help on areas

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by twist_of_fate, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twist_of_fate

twist_of_fate New Member

Hey guys,

I know this typically wouldn't be the forum for asking this but I trust you guys and respect your guys' opinions more than the guys in OT. It's a possibility that my wife and I may be moving to California with my brother-in-law. He's transferring for his job. He's transferring to Garden Grove, so we'd be looking for an apartment in that area. Does anyone have any information about the surrounding areas? We don't know much about California at all so we're looking at areas like Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Sunset Beach, Irvine, Yorba Linda, Cypress, and Fullerton. Which of these places has the best neighborhoods? What would be expecting to pay monthly for a pretty decent apartment (at least a two bedroom)?

Thanks in advance.

2. I Lub You

I Lub You Guest

Out of the one's mentioned, Newport Beach is the best, but uber-expensive. It's like the Malibu of Orange County. Garden Grove is kind of a run down place and full of azns. Irvine is about 15-20 minutes from GG and is another very nice area. Not as upscale as NB, but still a great area. The cost for apts. is a little high as well. I live in a bordering city (Tustin) where there are two really good parts (probably way over your budget), and one decent part (where I live). You can find some pretty good apts. for a decent price here. FV, YL, and Fullerton are also some decent areas to live (as far as I know). Costa Mesa has it's good parts and it's bad parts. I've never been to Sunset Beach (or even heard of :confused: ) and Cypress. And whatever you do, stay out of Santa Ana!!! :ugh:

EDIT- I was just seraching and found this thread and I thought this was in OT. Why is this here????

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i'm going to lock this one, but if anyone in the arsenal has something to say, PM him with it. or, better yet, start this thread in the main forum. sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.