A&P Ot photographers, what do you think about combing black and white and color in *pic*

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ATlasIAm, Oct 14, 2004.

1. ATlasIAm

ATlasIAm peace will never exist in the world...but it's a n

Ot photographers, what do you think about combining black and white and color in *pic

the same picture?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  2. Vita

Vita New Member

that's bad ass. I wish I could do that.

3. Kifler

Kifler New Member

I wonder what it would look like if only the inside of the tunnel was colour and the outside was BW

4. ATlasIAm

i did photoshop it like that originally, but i didn't like it. There was something about it that just wasn't right. you be the judge, i think with the color in teh puddle it's a lot better.

Keep in mind this isn't the best photoshop. I didn't spend a lot of time on it, i just wanted to get a rough idea of waht it would look like.

[​IMG]

5. Biskit

Biskit Guest

DId you just select everything except for the puddle then desaturate it? The first one looks eas but the second one looks a lot harder, gj!

6. mojito

mojito New Member

the second one is too busy. Also the puddle outline looks too weird, try burning it in or turning that black and white

7. ATlasIAm

yeah, basically i outlined the puddle, made a copy of that, desaturated the original pic and then put teh puddle back in. As for the second one, i did the same thing, and yes it is a little hard. This was only a quick photoshop b/c i wanted to see how it looked in general, and i'm more satisfied with teh first one, even though the levels aren't right on the either of them.

I think in the first one, i need to add a little more color to teh puddle.

8. ATlasIAm

Yes i agree, teh second one is too busy and that is why i prefere the first one. Also the first one i took a little more time with. The second one i did really quickly and the outline of the puddle was certainly one of the first things i noticed about the chop and didn't like.

What do you think about adding more color to the first pic in puddle? It's hard to do b/c the outline of the puddle does greatly increase with saturation and additional color.

9. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

B&W/Color has been kinda overdone...It has to be very discrete if you are going to do it, I like your first pic, but like viper said burn the outlines/make it B&W

10. ATlasIAm

are you talking about it being over done on teh first or the second. IF you are talking about the second i completely agree. I only posted it b/c one member wanted to see what it looked like if it was b & w only outside the tunnel. Granted it's over done, but regardless i dont' like how it will turn out. I only like the color in the puddle.

11. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

I'm just refering to the whole B&W/Color cliche, not your pics :)

12. HighTachPres

HighTachPres New Member

good job on not overexposing the photo. What method did you use for light metering?

13. ATlasIAm

i used soft light and then just brought the levels (fill etc.) down. then i ajusted teh curves. But that was for the black and white. I adjusted each part of the photograph individually, so i ajusted the puddle separately from teh rest of the picture. Then i also adjusted brightness and contrast.