OT MP3 Player HELP Please :(

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Cronin, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Cronin

Cronin New Member

I just got this mp3 player i bought off ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

When i put a battery in, it turns on and says "starting..." and thats it! It freezes on that screen! I spent 80 bucks on this, and it doesnt fucking work!

Anyone buy any of these kind of mp3 players before? Anyone get em working? :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

Seller wont respond :wtc:

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

that's direct from their auction listing. You have to be VERY careful on ebay. Unless the seller offers a warranty, then you're screwed. By stating "all bids are final" then I would assume you agree to no warranty. No where does he comment on it being in working order. He also offers nothing in the way of a no DOA guarantee.

Be very careful what you buy on ebay -- and unless it's explicitly stated, then ask before you bid.

Sorry, but I think you're out on this one.

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

1. he said its brand new. brand new indicates that the package has never been open or used so it must be in original working order
    2. if its not working its not brand new and he should have to do something about it.
    3. contact the seller and tell him the situation and tell him that the item isnt brand new, then contact ebay and tell them whats going on

4. PsillyJim

PsillyJim death to zionists

:wtf: $19.99 Shipping and handling?? I would of never had done business with this clown.

Since you did, try to contact him. If he does not reply, post negative feedback. Sometimes sellers are real finicky about their feedback and will do something if you post a negative.

5. no one

no one New Member

i'm not sure about your situation since he said all sales are final, but if he dosent respond check this http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-fraud-protection.html and try filling a complaint, i've got my money back from someone who hadn't sent something i paid for, g/l

the earliest you can file the complaint is after 30 and w/in 60 days i think

6. Tweekend

Tweekend New Member

Hey man, sorry to hear about your situation..anyways when/if you get your money back, get an iRiver brand or atleast something more mainstream, I've never heard of TCM before, but I'm a firm believer of you get what you pay for, but still whoever sold you that thing should die..atleast

7. TracerBullet

TracerBullet Active Member

God damn man, never do business online with someone outside of the states. EVER. Especially for a no-name mp3 player.

8. TracerBullet

TracerBullet Active Member

Chances are the guy just buys broken players bulk and sells them for an outrageous price. Hell 80 dollars is a fucking rip off for that even if it worked right.